PDA

View Full Version : newbie needs help re n810

john8880000
2007-10-28, 06:59
hi does anyone know if i can use the n810 in the philippines? i heard the n800 is for u.s.a use only in terms of using it to call via skype. i want an internet tablet for the sole purpose of using it for checking emails and skype calls any suggestions?:)

IBICO
2007-10-28, 07:02
I am in Norway and just bought a N800 from a Norwegian store.. so no. Not US only.
The N810 even come with Norwegian keyboard.

thoughtfix
2007-10-28, 08:19
The Nokia Internet Tablets are NOT phones. They use WiFi or your existing phone's Internet connection over bluetooth (carrier dependent)

efb
2007-10-28, 08:20
You can use Nokia N770/N800 anywhere in the world. You only need internet connectivity in your area to make the most of N800. Skype can be used to make calls over Internet not only in/to US but to anywhere all around the world.

The GPS receiver of the yet-to-be released N810 is said to be useful only in US and Europe but I did hear that Wayfinder has partnerships with telecom providers in other countries too(with Airtel here in India).

belder
2007-10-28, 08:26
I was at a local coffee shop and got a Skype call from a British friend vacationing in Iceland. It was such an exciting moment I think I had an "out of body" experience. :D
The only down side is I couldn't see his web cam pictures because Skype doesn't do video on linux yet.

Go! Connect! Enjoy!

TA-t3
2007-10-29, 09:34
The GPS receiver of the yet-to-be released N810 is said to be useful only in US and Europe but I did hear that Wayfinder has partnerships with telecom providers in other countries too(with Airtel here in India).
To be pedantic, the GPS receiver can be used in any part of the world , what's missing is maps for parts of the world (which is probably everything outside Europe and the US, as this is a general problem with most navigation systems: The map providers don't have maps for e.g. Asia). So, the navigation system has limitations, the GPS doesn't..

I did have trouble with one particular GPS device once though, it simply wouldn't get a fix anywhere south of Equator. Probably caused by a firmware bug.

Faz
2007-11-04, 07:42
I was at a local coffee shop and got a Skype call from a British friend vacationing in Iceland. It was such an exciting moment I think I had an "out of body" experience. :D

LOL! Well put belder. I'm still waiting for mine... :rolleyes: