PDA

View Full Version : have you seen auction like this before ?

swarleen
2007-10-30, 20:12
this is the funnies auction i have ever read. It's a auction to sell a Jaguar S type. and the Description of the car reads

"Car Belongs To Cheating Rat Of A Husband. But The Idiot Had The Car Registered In My Name So It's Mine To Sell. The Car Is In Perfect Condition Except For Some 'paint Damage'. This Was Me, But Is Far Less Damaging Than What I Intend To Do To Him. A Jaguar Dealer I Asked Said The Paint Can Be Removed Relatively Cheaply. Nothing Else Wrong With The Car, Just The Cheating, Lying Piece Of Crap Who Used To Drive It And Used It To Pick Up His Tart In. But Don't Let That Put You Off."

See it live here http://www.buyyourcar.co.uk/Spec/Jaguar/S-Type/Code/USDJAB927HE10618326.aspx

ha ha ha ...

I_Dont_Know
2007-10-30, 21:29
thats too funny. I almost bought a motorcycle from a lady that was selling it for the same reason. Would have bought it too but someone beat me to it with cash in hand.

Dave

Texrat
2007-10-30, 21:31
That story has taken on legendary status. ;)

TA-t3
2007-10-31, 09:54
Last spring the cheated wife was selling the cheater's bass guitar..
Don't know who first came up with this sales trick (at least it's a fun one), but I have vague memories of seeing it many years ago.

rs-px
2007-10-31, 22:20
Don't know if anybody realised but this is a neat bit of spam. This dude had posted the same message to many forums and he always includes his spam link in the signature.

Hedgecore
2007-11-02, 20:12
This story is important. How do I know that? I work in IT. Sometimes I get emails from people in other departments in the organization. When a word is important, they capitalize it. For example:

"A Reminder! The Halloween patty is Tomorrow! If you don't wear a Costume, one will be provided!"

That article had every word capitalized. That's why it's important.

Texrat
2007-11-02, 20:18
Bolding helps, too. And large fonts.

Toontje
2007-11-03, 11:31
Don't know if anybody realised but this is a neat bit of spam. This dude had posted the same message to many forums and he always includes his spam link in the signature.

I never clicked (or even seen) it though...