PDA

View Full Version : Giveaways for 770

jonimueller
2007-11-10, 02:43
My poor Nokia 770 that I'd only had for about three months was in the bottom of my tote bag when my bottle of vitamin water leaked all over it. :-(

I have some items that were not damaged by the great flood and they are yours for the price of postage ($4):

1. Aluminum case
2. Charger
3. Original plastic slider
4. User manual and box
5. Plastic "kick stand"

Suspect are the following, which if anyone wants to try to revive, I'll toss in the box ($5):

6. Battery
7. Mini-SMS card
8. The unit itself which I believe is toast

For 1-5 above, postage to anywhere in CONTINENTAL US is $4; add $5 (for a total of $9) for the whole enchilada (Items 1-8).

Photos of the Nokia, showing the aluminum case and the plastic kickstand can be seen here:

http://my.opera.com/jonimueller/albums/show.dml?id=310415

pencap
2007-11-10, 02:53
i have sent a PM to you, if its still available i would love to buy it from you
Thanks!

jonimueller
2007-11-10, 03:00
Hold your calls, folks, we have a winner. Thanks, PenCap. Get with me on your address details. I hope what's left of my baby gets a good home. Meanwhile, I have now bought an 800 which I have promptly locked myself out of. :-(

Or as Lucy Van Pelt would say:

Whaahahahaaaa!!

muki
2007-11-10, 08:43
Scratches head, couldn't you have dried the device out? What did you do with it?

jonimueller
2007-11-10, 08:53
I tried that. The first thing I did was take the nokia out of the aluminum case, removed the stylus from its silo (there was moisture there), removed the battery (which amazingly was dry as a bone), removed the memory card (there was moisture there), and did not attempt to turn it on for four days. I then applied a blow drier to it at a very light setting, all over for about 10 mins., to get any residual moisture out. And when I put the battery back in and hooked it up to the charger, there was nothing. No flicker, no last gasping breath, no rising smoke, nothing. Just a paperweight. I feel confident the battery is fine, b/c it was dry inside its compartment, but I don't know what damage the circuitry sustained. Someone who had the patience to take it completely apart might have better luck. Me? I was really lookin for an excuse to upgrade to the 800. :-)

btb
2007-11-11, 12:48
You don't have the headphones? I lost mine on a plane, I really liked those. :(

jonimueller
2007-11-11, 14:14
My 770 didn't come with headphones. Just the charger, the USB cord, the plastic sleeve, the "feet," and the memory card, adapter and plastic case.

muki
2007-11-11, 15:52
"...excuse..", lol, thought so :-)

PS: even though the battery may be dry, shorts elsewhere may have completely drained it. Do you still have the 770? I bet someone could bring it back to life.