PDA

View Full Version : An interesting find........ Open Raider???

spiderkc
2007-11-10, 21:46
Hello all,

I've been doing some searches of different Linux games trying to find......well whatever I can! In my searches I came across this......

http://openraider.sourceforge.net/

An open source version of Tomb Raider ported to Linux. The info says it uses the original game files (images and sounds and such). I'm not sure how controls would work on the n800, but does this look like something doable on the Nokia? My understanding of game programming is nill. (Though I'd love to learn)

I simply thought I'd post this as a possibility!

......Now to find some good 3D racing port........ :D

mart1928
2008-01-09, 01:16
I'd love to see Tomb Raider on the tablet! There can never be enough games. :)

philmcneal
2008-01-09, 06:47
i agree, i bought the tablet mainly to mess as a computer to go and to use wireless whenever i can, so when i can't games are to the rescue although i have my psp, however, i like the touch interaction of games more. I'm willing to sacra face graphics for touch gaming goodness.

TA-t3
2008-01-09, 14:18
It hasn't been updated since early 2003.. the CVS repository seems to be unavailable too (with the presumably newest development code).

Other than that.. except for being old enough to need some polishing because it's C++ and C++ has changed a lot since then, it also needs OpenGL which at the moment is a show-stopper.