PDA

View Full Version : RDesktop

Hedgecore
2006-01-23, 16:11
I spent some time on the weekend searching for RDesktop. I know it's still in the preliminary stages but with the chance to possibly get a KB working with the 770 it might prove to be useful now. Where the heck is the .DEB? I can't find the 770 version *anywhere*.

thoughtfix
2006-01-23, 19:48
The .deb may not be built for MAEMO but maybe the ARM binaries will help you.

Hedgecore
2006-01-23, 21:30
I can't find those either. :)

fpp
2006-01-23, 21:34
ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/r/rdesktop

AaronL
2006-01-23, 21:36
If an rdesktop package were available for use on the 770, then you would know it with certainty. Such a package is not available currently. You'll have to wait until someone ports it to the platform.

Aaron

Hedgecore
2006-01-24, 00:28
Aaron: Understandable, however I've seen a screen cap as well as someone else mention they were running an unstable version in the "What's on your 770" thread so I was curious. I know whatever's out there isn't even close to being stable, I just wanted to dabble (seems like the stream of new apps out has been dwindling lately)

AaronL
2006-01-24, 01:57
Aaron: Understandable, however I've seen a screen cap as well as someone else mention they were running an unstable version in the "What's on your 770" thread so I was curious. I know whatever's out there isn't even close to being stable, I just wanted to dabble (seems like the stream of new apps out has been dwindling lately)
Hi Hedgecore,

I've e-mailed back and forth with the developer of this alpha version of rdesktop, and at this stage, it is basically an X applcation that has no support for the virtual keyboard.

Stream of apps dwindling: well, if you want to keep informed, just check the recent changes on the maemo wiki. There have been various ports recently, although most of them are simply builds of command-line tools.

Aaron

Hedgecore
2006-01-24, 17:12
Ah so still no virtual KB support. Ergo, kind of useless in it's current state without a BT KB. Thanks for the info, I'll hold off until later.