PDA

View Full Version : 2008 repositories?

BOFH
2007-11-13, 21:02
Anybody got a list of 2008 OS Rep's yet ?

Mara
2007-11-13, 21:18
Not sure about 3rd party repositories, but it should be set for OS2008 (Chinook) "by default". If you look at the application manager, and there are nothing set for the "distribution", then it will assume "Chinook".

(At least that how it seem to work for me, when there was occasionally problems with some of the Nokia Repositories in past weeks... in the error message "Chinook" was mentioned in the path. If I set the distribution to "Bora", then different set of applications pops up. Too bad almost none of the Bora apps installs due to missing libraries etc...)

technut
2007-11-14, 01:25
There are a few here:
http://gronmayer.com/n800/repos/
and if you find more, please add them there. Thanks.

THX1138
2007-11-14, 03:41
Thanks technut! The repos for FBReader and Pidgin aren't working though. For the FBReader repo the distribution field needs to be blank. It did give the opportunity to see how the Application Manager handles bad repos now and it's much better. Now it tells which repos are bad, and gives you a chance to edit them rather than just saying "Cannot Refresh Package List".

technut
2007-11-14, 05:27
No problem... that's not my site but I like it. Since the repos are user-added there can sometimes be problems. There is a feedback link at the site to submit fixes.

johsua
2007-11-15, 08:42
When I click to add a repository from this page I get a null error in the application manager. Has anyone else experienced this?

zestuart
2007-11-15, 09:36
When I click to add a repository from this page I get a null error in the application manager. Has anyone else experienced this?

Oh yes. Same on the n800 (IT OS 2k7). Drove me nuts after I spent about an hour trying to write my own .install files to configure application repos!

BOFH
2007-11-15, 10:04

Same for me, I just download all the .install file and copied the data in to the source file on my N800...,

Lithorus
2007-11-15, 10:06

Same here, but I found out that the repos got added anyway...

Joschi
2007-11-15, 11:34
Hi together!

I'm the owner of http://www.gronmayer.com/n800/... Thx for your feedback!

For N800:
Please give me more information about your problems with installing repos from my repo-list. I'm using 3 N800s and - of course ;) - I've no problem to install the repositories.
Just click onto the name of it. The server creates a temporary .install-File and send this file with html-header "application/x-install-instructions" to your browser. Your browser should open a pop-up and ask for "open" or "save". Click "open" and the program-manager should open and install the repo.
This is the way with microb-Browser. Maybe there are some problems with the original Opera-Browser?

For N810:
I'll have no N810 in the near future. So I cannot test the repo-List. Could anyone tell me please, what is the right format for the .install-File?
For N800 is it like this:
[install]
repo_name = name
repo_deb_3 = deb url distribution components

Thanks for your help!

CU,
Joschi :)

ShyBoy
2007-11-15, 14:19
why not attached those .install files in this thread so everyone can download it.
thanks

virx14
2007-11-15, 15:01
Here is an FBReader install fle which works on n800/os2008: http://www.fbreader.org/maemo/maemo4/fbreader.install

I was also getting "(null)" error when I tried to use install file from Joshi's site.

yerga
2007-11-15, 20:50
In OS2008 install files, you can put all repositories that you want:
http://hildon-app-mgr.garage.maemo.org/doc.html

johsua
2007-11-15, 21:22
Hi together!

I'm the owner of http://www.gronmayer.com/n800/... Thx for your feedback!

For N800:
Please give me more information about your problems with installing repos from my repo-list. I'm using 3 N800s and - of course ;) - I've no problem to install the repositories.
Just click onto the name of it. The server creates a temporary .install-File and send this file with html-header "application/x-install-instructions" to your browser. Your browser should open a pop-up and ask for "open" or "save". Click "open" and the program-manager should open and install the repo.
This is the way with microb-Browser. Maybe there are some problems with the original Opera-Browser?

For N810:
I'll have no N810 in the near future. So I cannot test the repo-List. Could anyone tell me please, what is the right format for the .install-File?
For N800 is it like this:
[install]
repo_name = name
repo_deb_3 = deb url distribution components

Thanks for your help!

CU,
Joschi :)

I get the following error after I click on "open":

Unable to instlal (null).
Incompatible application package.

I click OK

It does not show up in my application catalog.

This is using 2008 OS on an N800.

technut
2007-11-15, 22:37
I'm using 3 N800s

I'll have no N810 in the near future. So I cannot test the repo-List. OS2008 for the N800 will officially be out soon, but if you want to test it now you could install it on one of those 3(!) N800s you have.

How to put OS2008 on N800.... now!
http://www.internettablettalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11693 (http://www.internettablettalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11693)

pauljohn32
2007-11-15, 23:38
I have same trouble you describe with adding repos. But lots of other links don't work either, so I ignored it. Example: go to nokia's OS2008 user page and follow link to UKMP, a 'recommended app'. You get

Server Error

Component org.openpsa.products failed to handle the request
Error 500
maemo.org
Fri, 16 Nov 2007 01:37:31 +0200
Apache/2.2.3 (Debian) DAV/2 PHP/5.2.0-8+etch7 mod_ssl/2.2.3 OpenSSL/0.9.8c Midgard/1.8.4

Stacktrace:
1: /var/cache/midgard/midgard/7-49-31-0.php:0 {main}
2: /var/cache/midgard/midgard/7-49-31-0.php:160 midcom_application::codeinit
3: /usr/share/midgard/svn/midcom/trunk/src/midcom.core/midcom/application.php:571 midcom_application::_process
4: /usr/share/midgard/svn/midcom/trunk/src/midcom.core/midcom/application.php:1006 midcom_application::_handle
5: /usr/share/midgard/svn/midcom/trunk/src/midcom.core/midcom/application.php:1113 midcom_application::generate_error

Joschi
2007-11-16, 07:01
Thanks for your posts!

@technut & yerga:
Your link describes that OS2008 should be compatible with OS2007-install-files...

But anyway - I changed the format to the described new one.
PLEASE test, if installations from my list are working now!!! (...and give me feedback.... :))

why not attached those .install files in this thread so everyone can download it.
thanks
Because the files changes all the time, so its better to create it dynamically. Thats the reason why i coded these poor database scripts...

OS2008 for the N800 will officially be out soon, but if you want to test it now you could install it on one of those 3(!) N800s you have.
:D They are all business-used - but maybe I can grab the one of my wife for testing it or ask her for buying a new one...;)

johsua
2007-11-16, 07:12
It works now. Thank you.

Joschi
2007-11-16, 07:57
It works now. Thank you.

Great :D:D:D

In OS2008 install files, you can put all repositories that you want
When I have more time, I'll try to create such a "all-inclusive-file". Then you can install all listed and active repos with one click...

johsua
2007-11-16, 08:56
Great :D:D:D

When I have more time, I'll try to create such a "all-inclusive-file". Then you can install all listed and active repos with one click...

That will be nice...

technut
2007-11-25, 07:11
I get the following error after I click on "open":

Unable to install (null).
Incompatible application package.

I click OK

It does not show up in my application catalog.

This is using 2008 OS on an N800.OS2008 Application Manager is supposed to be backward compatible with .install files that are using OS2007 format, but in this case it seems it is not.

I have reported this as an Application Manager bug:
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2378

pfase1
2007-11-29, 03:36
I have a problem when trying to add a repository and am not sure what I'm doing wrong. When I refresh the application list, I get an error that says "Sub-process gzip returned an error code (1). Any ideas??

And I love this site and gronmayer.com! Both have been helpful starting me out!

Joschi
2007-11-29, 05:55
hi pfase,

what's in your log-file under Preogrammanager -> Options -> Protocol ?

Please delete it first, then try again refreshing list and then post the protocol here...

technut
2007-11-29, 08:16
Preogrammanager -> Options -> ProtocolOn the english version that would be Application Manager -> Tools -> Log...
At least, I think that's what he means... :)

Joschi
2007-11-29, 08:24
...sorry - I've got only the german version here :)...

pfase1
2007-11-30, 01:21
...sorry - I've got only the german version here :)...

Thanks for the translation, TechNut! My German is almost non-existent. :)

And thank you Joschi for the help. I did figure out the problem (typo on my part) and with your suggestion to delete and re-enter, it works perfectly now! Thanks again.