PDA

View Full Version : [Palm OS] Anyone successful with SlingPlayer?

orbitalcomp
2007-11-15, 14:38
I've tried SlingPlayer in the GVM, but no luck so far. It installs fine, the program runs and I can setup my Finder ID and everything, but when I try and connect, it just times out after a few minutes, like it can't find the SlingBox.

I even tried configuring the Sling app using the settings in GVM, trying all of the various Palm devices it provides. No luck so far...

Has anyone had better results? It's almost like the GVM doesn't have any network connectivity, but I have seen others post that Google Maps works fine.

prk60091
2007-11-15, 16:40
i was going to ask the exact same question...

i successfully used sling on my former treo (700p) i reinstalled on GVM and identified everything as a treo 700p - i gave sling 4MB of memory (it is a hog)
it finds my box and then for lack of a better word- stalls out

i dont know if it is a dbcache issue (treo's and garnet are "infamous" for dbcache issues) or a communications issue

orbitalcomp
2007-11-15, 23:52
Yeah, it does appear to find the SlingBox, but it just won't connect. Hopefully it's something that can be figured out by the fine folks at Sling, since the N-series tablets are practically the only devices they don't support...

Sling was the first app I thought of running when I saw that Access had released the GVM :-)

prk60091
2007-11-16, 03:11
Sling was the first app I thought of running when I saw that Access had released the GVM :-)

it is really the only 1 i care about i have work arounds for everything else

TA-t3
2007-11-16, 17:18
Has anyone had better results? It's almost like the GVM doesn't have any network connectivity, but I have seen others post that Google Maps works fine.
I can confirm that networking works fine for me in GVM from the applications I've tried it with: Google Maps, KMeteo, Ag-connect (the AvantGo synchronisation program. Works fine. And no, AvantGo itself doesn't work in GVM, in case anyone wondered).
GVM doesn't seem to know about the Nokia bluetooth though. However, if your networking is through bluetooth then GVM will happily use it.

orbitalcomp
2007-11-23, 01:06
UPDATE:

When I originally tried to run Sling on my N800 with OS2007, it would just hang while trying to connect. Well, now I have some better news...

I just tried running it on my new N810, and it partly works. I was connected on another computer, and when I tried to connect from the Palm GVM running SlingPlayer, it informed me someone else was watching, which is what is supposed to happen. It definitely works better in OS2008...why? I have no clue...

Next, I disconnected the other machine and tried the Palm again. It connected, and I got about 1.5 seconds of sound, no video, and then the SlingPlayer app crashes and closes, taking me back to the GVM main screen. I then tried 'audio only' mode, and like this I get about 3-4 seconds of audio, and then it stops...BUT I am still connected. If I try and connect from my computer, it tells me someone else is watching. I can actually use the remote in the Palm app to change channels, bring up the guide, etc., but I can't see or hear anything in the Palm app.

I really hope this can be ironed out by the time Access releases the final version of GVM...

orbitalcomp
2007-11-24, 21:45
bump...

So has anyone else tried Sling on an N810 or an N800 with the OS2008 upgrade?

prk60091
2007-11-28, 03:41
bump...

So has anyone else tried Sling on an N810 or an N800 with the OS2008 upgrade?
yes and no picture- it connects but it is blank just like it was on my 770

bazanime
2008-01-05, 10:58
How do you get past the 21 character password problem?

slwhite
2008-01-09, 23:54
UPDATE:

Next, I disconnected the other machine and tried the Palm again. It connected, and I got about 1.5 seconds of sound, no video, and then the SlingPlayer app crashes and closes, taking me back to the GVM main screen. I then tried 'audio only' mode, and like this I get about 3-4 seconds of audio, and then it stops...BUT I am still connected. If I try and connect from my computer, it tells me someone else is watching. I can actually use the remote in the Palm app to change channels, bring up the guide, etc., but I can't see or hear anything in the Palm app.

I really hope this can be ironed out by the time Access releases the final version of GVM...

This is the same thing going on with me. I have tried for two days doing everything I can think of, but still just get the above.
I really hope they get this fixed, OR BETTER YET, Slingmedia come out with software for the IT!!:)