PDA

View Full Version : N800 Power Button running OS2008? Softpoweroff?

adammelancon
2007-11-16, 23:30
I was just curious if anyone knew what exactly the default setting is for the power button on OS2008. It looks like the default setting is if you hold it down it shuts completely off.

I did the "softpoweroff" hack (the same one for OS2007) and it works, but for some reason it never fully goes into full "softpoweroff". If I touch the screen I still hear the "tap" noise as if the screen was still active and it's not fully in softpoweroff mode.

The only time I have had this "tap" sound problem with OS2007 is when I didn't hold down the power button long enough to send it into full softpoweroff mode. I know I'm holding it down long enough though on OS2008, I've even tried 10 seconds.

How does everyone handle the power situation on a OS2008 machine during the day. My commute is 45min with mp3s playing to and from work in offline mode.
Usually what I've done with OS2007 during the day when I get to work, I'll pause my podcast on media player (since it doesn't bookmark) and minimize the player, then make sure it's in offline mode and send it into softpoweroff mode by holding down the power button, but I keep getting the "tap" noise on the screen for some reason on OS2008.

Thoughts, suggestions?

PS: What is nice is that softpoweroff mode on OS2008 automatically puts the unit in offline mode which is a nice touch! (If I can solve the "tap" sound problem with the touchscreen)

dblank
2007-11-16, 23:50
I did the "softpoweroff" hack (the same one for OS2007) and it works, but for some reason it never fully goes into full "softpoweroff". If I touch the screen I still hear the "tap" noise as if the screen was still active and it's not fully in softpoweroff mode.

The only way I've been able to get it to lock is by enabling "lock screen and keys" in the display settings control panel, but then you have to press the square button to unlock, which is lame :(

GeneralAntilles
2007-11-17, 00:03
Yeah, same here. Go ahead and file a bug on maemo.org.

adammelancon
2007-11-17, 00:17
I'll try. Bugzilla is REALLY slow right now for some reason. One way or another I'll get it up there.

adammelancon
2007-11-17, 00:31
Done!
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2306