PDA

View Full Version : You can improve 2008 and more with your fingers!

lderkacz
2007-11-17, 21:22
Hi there Tablet Lovers,

How many of You know that there a bugzilla for IT OS
https://bugs.maemo.org/index.cgi
Anyone can log in there and report any bugs which (s)he mets.
The more of it, the more will be fixed and the OS will improve.
There are only less than 2500 bugs reports in last 2 years!!

Remember about "Search" in bugzilla, we don't want to take their time by reading the same complaints all over, are we? ;)

Rocketman
2007-11-17, 21:47
Yes, there is a bugzilla where you can document bugs, but I know that some people in the community feel that it is a bit of a black hole. For instance, the bug regarding nuked SDHC cards took them forever to even acknowledge and an official fix, in the form of the OS 2007 rev 4. was also long in coming.

lderkacz
2007-11-17, 21:55
Yes, I see that it's sometimes like a black hole (or /dev/null in Linux terms ;) ). But that's the point. The more requests, the more they'll see not to ignore it.

zerojay
2007-11-17, 22:08
Yes, there is a bugzilla where you can document bugs, but I know that some people in the community feel that it is a bit of a black hole. For instance, the bug regarding nuked SDHC cards took them forever to even acknowledge and an official fix, in the form of the OS 2007 rev 4. was also long in coming.

That couldn't be more false.

The reason why they weren't responding publically was because they were unable to reproduce it interally because the reproduction rule was completely unknown and had a very low reproduction rate. Those kinds of bugs are the hardest to discover and fix. It would have been much easier had users been more clear about what they were doing at the time. Once they had finally reproduced it, the fix came not too long afterwards.