PDA

View Full Version : Number Display

Jaxxe
2006-01-26, 14:20
I'm awaiting delivery of my 770. I have a bit of time to create a wish list and it includes number display when paired to a mobile. I have a Jabra headset with number display, and figure that it couldn't be all that difficult to implement on the 770 (assuming it hasn't been already). Imagine, the 770 sitting on its stand, on your desk. Your mobile rings and walla! The caller's number is displayed onscreen. :D

Hedgecore
2006-01-26, 15:54
I don't have a cell phone, but are the system files readily accessible? I figure the call history should be available and if it's updated right when the new call comes in, it might be possible to have the 770 chronically checking to see if any new entries appear and if they do, display them.

fredoll
2006-01-27, 13:31
the problem with that would be that the 770 would have to be connected to your phone all the time ...
But otherwise I think that gnokii offers this feature through it's library ... now you only need a GUI ;)
BTW I've cooked up a little app that acces the gpe contact database & allow you to dial a number or send a sms to it through gnokii ...
Anyone willing to try it out (no deb yet but it's coming ...)
O Fred

Jaxxe
2006-01-27, 15:34
I think gnokii is definitely going in the right direction. A little more tweaking here and there could make for a good implementation of number display on the 770 for when your mobile (connected via Bluetooth) is in your bag or pocket... Wouldn't it be.. nice?

fredoll - would love to try out your app... but still awaiting my 770. Hopefully in my hands no later than this time next week. BTW, I'm in Japan and managed to snag one through ebay. :D

play2win
2006-01-27, 20:47
WOuld anyone put together a real beginner step by step on becoming root. I took th evmplayer approach, followed the procedure, but when entered

sudo root ./flasher --enable-rd-mode --reboot

it asks for password, so i left it blank, but them I needed to install xterm, so I picked osso-xterm_0.11_arm.deb. I couldnt figure out how to do that. I need ssh and to be able to back up the database from dejapim. I am in need of a quicken alternative that if I had to load the database from my 770 to the pc it would open, a good pda software product like the palm software (simply the best) and I would be a happy camper! CAN ANYONE HELP or someone make a simple .rpg install file I can place on th emmc storage card and use installer to access it and install! THANKS.

aflegg
2006-01-27, 23:01
It should almost certainly be 'sudo ./flasher ...' - not 'sudo root ./flasher ...'.

dreaming
2006-01-28, 15:40
It sounds like you were running flasher from the 770. It has to be run from linux or mac terminal while 770 is connected via usb.