PDA

View Full Version : Strange quirks

Simon
2006-01-26, 20:19
By quirks I mean odd things the 770 seems to do from time to time. Not big enough bugs to be really annoying and nothing I can figure out how to reproduce to report. Just odd stuff that happens. Things I've seen:

Wireless connection window just disappearing. Happened the morning when I tried to connect at my bus stop. The usualy window opened. It found two networks but then the window would just closed by itself before I could select anything.

Every so often the unit seems to reboot itself. Always with the cover on. I just hear the startup noise and find it has restarted. Could be something to do with when I have left the video player open but paused when I am halfway through watching something.

Sometimes the virtual tap tap keyboard seems to get it's caps and shift function all messed up.

Email app not starting up. You tap the icon and nothing would happen. Nothing else was running. This seems to have gone away with the latest update though although sometimes I can get email to run but it just won't grab any mail. Web browsing still works. A restart fixes that.

Oh, and the knot on the end of the drawstring bag came undone :)

As I say not major bugs. Just things that make me go hmmm, that's odd. What else have people seen?

Simon

slinden
2006-01-26, 21:14
My Nokia seems to have life at its own, too.I experienced hangups or screen freezes while working with Gaim, strange behaviour of the mail app, and recently I had to reboot because of trouble with the WLan connection. I use a persistent IP but it was missing?

Sander

Jeffgrado
2006-01-26, 22:30
Sometimes Opera will not respond to any clickinq on links or opening a bookmark. I have to close it, then open a new window.

Simon
2006-01-26, 22:45
Sometimes Opera will not respond to any clickinq on links or opening a bookmark. I have to close it, then open a new window.
Yes, I have seen that too. Not very often though.

gesteves
2006-01-27, 01:23
I have seen that too. Opening a link through the context menu works fine, though, and after that everything's ok.