PDA

View Full Version : Crack occured between USB and headphone jack

ean007
2006-01-30, 13:05
A crack has occured between USB port and headphone jack, just noticed this today and I took delivery of 770 last Wednesday, 25th Jan.

Does anybody know of such happenings on their 770's?

Will I be able to return it, I have certainly not dropped the device yet, so I suspect it came like this.

BenTheDog
2006-01-30, 13:15
A crack has occured between USB port and headphone jack, just noticed this today and I took delivery of 770 last Wednesday, 25th Jan.

Does anybody know of such happenings on their 770's?

Yes, read this thread:

http://www.internettablettalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=388&highlight=crack

Chainsaw76
2006-01-30, 13:21
At the risk of adding a me too post, in a thread that might end up with "they came that way".. Yea. mine has a 'crack' as well. I treid to snap a picture of it with my phone, but no luck.

-Jason

Karel Jansens
2006-01-30, 14:22
You'll probably get a note from Nokia, saying that a small number of cracks in the device's housing is alltogether normal and no ground for complaint.

(I'd put a smiley if somehow I didn't suspect this will turn out not to be a joke at all...)

Brian Gasperosky
2006-02-24, 05:55
I've had my 770 for a week, and I have the same crack. I might try to patch it, as I found a similar issue on a laptop forum. There was a suggestion to use some stuff called "Amazing Goop", but perhaps a tiny amount of rubber cement or model glue.brushed into the crack will do the trick.