PDA

View Full Version : Nav4All - does it work with N810 and Nokia phones ?

Darius2006
2007-11-24, 12:41
from
http://www.nav4all.com/languages/_tracking/starttrack.php

Tracking & Tracing

Cannot start the tracing & tracing viewer!

If you have not installed the tracing & tracing server then goto the Install page.

If you have already installed the Tracking & Tracing server then start the viewer using the icon from the Windows system tray.

Selecting Install I get the following message:

Coming soon

So my question is does Nav4All work with N810/cell phone or as a server run on PC at all ?

Darius

sevo
2007-11-24, 12:58
Nav4All itself is a (currently free) map and navigation MIDP applet, and will only run on MIDP (J2ME) capable cellphones, not on IT series tablets.

Their tracing and tracking server is not available yet, at least not for free - and whenever it will, it may be Windows only, given that they state on that demo page that it "must be started from the Windows system tray". And I doubt that they will allow T&T within their free service - T&T without consent of the traced person is illegal, and they may want something more formal than a free subscription to avoid being sued in cases of abuse.

Sevo

Darius2006
2007-11-24, 17:08
Nav4All itself is a (currently free) map and navigation MIDP applet, and will only run on MIDP (J2ME) capable cellphones, not on IT series tablets.

Their tracing and tracking server is not available yet, at least not for free - and whenever it will, it may be Windows only, given that they state on that demo page that it "must be started from the Windows system tray". And I doubt that they will allow T&T within their free service - T&T without consent of the traced person is illegal, and they may want something more formal than a free subscription to avoid being sued in cases of abuse.

Sevo

Frankly speaking I am surprised by your comments.
In the past , developing Google maps applications I developed some vehicle tracing/monitoring applications too. And Apache server + PHP + MySQL were run on my local PC under Windows.
Of course I can set up to run on a remote web server and have a client to access tracks of a specified vehicle. Acess to specified tracks can be restricted by username and password so no problem with violation of one's privacy.
Running motor vehicle tracing/monitoring server on a laptop/pda/cell phone or tablet makes you mobile hardware to behave like vehicle monitoring mobile station for allowed vehicles.

Ok. I'll contact them to know their plans.

Darius