PDA

View Full Version : Thanks!

Biomech
2006-01-30, 18:05
A big "Thanks" to all you Linux gurus out there. Thanks to your tips and posts, I'm learning a lot about Linux and I am having a blast with my 770.

Because of this website, I am able to become root, alter my startup graphics, install and use SSH (I love using a full size screen and keyboard to control the 770), use VNC to control my home PC, and listen to my MP3 collection via Slimserver.

I am currently partitioning my 1GB memory card (that was a bit tough) and I will install a swap file tonight. I have also installed Debian on an old PC that I wasn't using and I am also having fun with that.

My brother just picked up a 770 and, over the weekend, I setup VNC on his 770 and home computer so he could control iTunes on his desktop which streams to his stereo via an Apple Airport Express.

Thanks again for your tips and insight.

thoughtfix
2006-01-30, 18:43
Open-source software seems to come with open-source thinking.
I can't believe I am publicly admitting to it, but I am one of the moderators of the linuxsupport Livejournal community :o

Hedgecore
2006-01-30, 20:27
I also find it's full of anal retentiveness that can spawn multi page threads because someone put a space before *and* after a period.

Sometimes ya win . Sometimes ya lose.

:cool:

thoughtfix
2006-01-30, 22:16
Sometimes ya win . Sometimes ya lose.

IT HURTS! IT HURTS THE HEAD! :p