PDA

View Full Version : HELP with Networked Files.

ercanmetin
2007-11-25, 01:15
I am able to see my networked devices listed when I'm on the file manager. But my problem here is I have this Dlink DSM-G600 device(piece of XXXX) my NAS device wont let me to create a share with no password.

On file manager I see my devices listed when I click on my devices I get all the shared folders in there, but when I click on them they are all empty.

Does anyone knows if there is a possible way to add a user, pass to the N810 somehow so I'd try connecting to the NAS device with those credentials?

Thx in advance.

Hedgecore
2007-11-25, 01:40
Hmm. The only thing I can think of (still being stuck with a 770 here) is to mount the drive using something like the cifs (Common Internet File System) kernel module. (It's called cifs.ko and I can't remember where to get it.)

gemniii42
2007-11-25, 02:28
AFAIK natively the 810 will only see files shared by a media server.
Yesterday ? I could only see a Folder called Shared Media and could play music, videos etc. with media player. And I could see Last night I went beserk at maemo, and may have installed an smb file sharing package.

Today I can see a folder called Shared Folders, it sees all my windoze shared folders (including admin shares) but won't let me descend into the directory structure beyond the share point. I can access my Linux (Ubunto) machine shares and access files.
And as I was typing this message I decided to reboot - now I can't see the Shared Folders (even my Linux box) anymore.
Only the Shared Media
DARN

technut
2007-11-25, 02:35
There was a similar thread here:
http://www.internettablettalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11836

ercanmetin
2007-11-25, 02:48
I guess I'll wait for maemo ftp then and do it the old fashioned way.

The idea was actually very cool. I wrote to Nokia about this idea couple years ago when they had a poll developing the N95. They asked for ideas to put on N95. Mine was to be able to browse & stream networked files.
They now have something close to it on N95
but when I saw this on N810 I was so happy
cause this meant I had terabyte available on my N810.

I don't know I will try switching back to NSLU2 and try it there..
or some other NAS device. maybe the ones synology has.