PDA

View Full Version : Mozilla and Passwords.

Noneus
2007-11-25, 10:18
Hallo,

Everytime I try to login to GoogleMail, this forum or any other site where I need to enter a password to login I can't. My password is wrong (that's what the website is telling me). But I checked alot of times. I enter the password correct. Login works on my big PC with the same password.

Anyone else has the problem in the webbrowser, that he can't login the websites? I use OS2008 on the N800.

Greetings Stefan

Saturn
2007-11-25, 12:11
Did you try writing your credentials in a text doc and copy/paste them to the website?
I read a post these days of someone having similar strange behaviour with the search box in ITT and 2008. All the letters were reversed. Maybe it's related..
I would also try writting them in reversed order, i.e. if 'pass' write 'ssap'.

fpp
2007-11-25, 13:10
Have you been entering your login and password with the fullscreen thumb keyboard ? If so, this is a known bug in OS2008 - the stars you see in the password box are actually being sent instead of your actual password.

Try using the small virtual keyboard, it should work.

(BTW, this has already been answered here severeal times these past days)

Noneus
2007-11-25, 19:44
I did a search. Found nothing. Sorry. I'm a bad searcher :(

technut
2007-11-25, 20:02
This bug is still in the newest OS firmware that was posted a couple of days ago (2008SE_1.2007.42-19).

fpp
2007-11-25, 20:41
Sorry about the "angry" icon on my original post -- I was tapping it on the tablet and it was selected by accident. Didn't mean to come across grumpy :-)

Noneus
2007-11-26, 05:41
I had the same bug in the *.42-18 firmware.

technut
2007-11-26, 06:47
I found the bug report:
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2263

This is currently assigned a LOW priority. Please VOTE (https://bugs.maemo.org/votes.cgi?action=show_user&bug_id=2263#vote_2263) for it if you want to bump it up.

I think this could trip up a lot of unsuspecting users once OS2008 gets into wider release. There is no obvious sign of what is going wrong.

barry99705
2007-11-26, 06:48
Hey, I noticed that it was entering text backwards the other day. Does it also kick the text entry box off the screen? My search box shows up about a half inch below the bottom of the screen.

TheGogmagog
2007-12-11, 16:41
I had this problem one time. I backspaced to make sure the field was clear, then it worked just fine. I suspected there was a space before my password throwing it off. I've noticed the thumbboard doesn't always import characters previously existing in a field. I hope the 'backspace' works for you. This apparently isn't an issue everyone has?

tnnm
2008-01-06, 17:08
Although not the original intent of this thread, I have a question that belongs here given the title of the thread.

In what file are credentials kept in Mozilla? Or, more specifically, in what file does Mozilla track whether or not to keep credentials for a specific site?

I accidentally told Mozilla to never keep credentials for a site I frequent all the time and I am now stuck having to enter my login and password everytime for the site. How do I reset this? I have already tried resetting all my privacy information including cache, passwords, etc.