PDA

View Full Version : FBReader - rotate the other way?

Godfrey
2006-01-31, 19:13
I prefer using FBReader rotated into portrait mode -- I find it easier to read that way -- but was hoping I could find a way to rotate it in the other direction, so the D-pad is at the bottom (so I can keep my thumb on it without blocking a corner of the screen), and also so that it's not so awkward to hold in the left hand when the charger is attached.

I don't see anything in the preferences that addresses which direction it'll rotate. Is there any way (adding something to ~/.FBReader/config.xml, for example) to make it rotate the other way?

RogerS
2006-01-31, 22:45
As I understand it, FBReader was built to do the rotation and it's hardwired in there; rotating 180 and 270 aren't possible.

There's been some discussion that the 770 itself should be able to rotate the display 180 degrees and it's been shown that that is possible (See The left-handed Nokia 770 (http://www.internettablettalk.com/blog/?p=104) post in the Users blog from last October). If the 770 will do 180 degrees, then you'll be able to do the rotation you want in FBReader.

There's also a small chance that FBReader will be adapated to rotate in either direction independently, according to Mikhail Sobolev, but I couldn't say how high up on the list of new features that would be. A lot of more wanted features would come first.

Btw, are you using the zoom + and zoom minus to turn pages? It's a lot easier than scrolling line by line if that's what you're doing. :)

Roger