PDA

View Full Version : For those of you in the US that have sent your 770 in for service..

Kaervak
2007-11-27, 22:21
How long was the turn around time before you got it back? My 770 WSOD'd on me and it arrived at the repair facility in Atlanta yesterday and is currently "waiting for parts" to finish the warranty repair. Did they get it back to you in the seven to ten business days they stated or did it take longer? Thanks guys. :)

adb2f
2007-11-28, 00:46
7 to 10 ha ha ha. It was more like a month. They waited for a part and when it came in, after about 4 days they deemed it irreparable and replaced it. Seemed like longer than a month actually.

Kaervak
2007-11-30, 06:35
Sigh, kinda figured it would take longer than the timeframe they stated. If the 770 hadn't WSOD on me one day after I got it, I wouldn't be so bothered by a long repair time. Anyone else have the same timeframe happen for them?

Mitsiboy
2007-11-30, 21:12
Mine was sent in for repair. Sat there for 10 days til I called. They said that they had to order the parts, and it would be a month till they got in. I called Nokia, because I had the 770 for 2 weeks, and they sent me a replacement. The whole ordeal took about 3 weeks from the time I sent it in to receiving my new unit.

penguinbait
2007-11-30, 21:38
How long was the turn around time before you got it back? My 770 WSOD'd on me and it arrived at the repair facility in Atlanta yesterday and is currently "waiting for parts" to finish the warranty repair. Did they get it back to you in the seven to ten business days they stated or did it take longer? Thanks guys. :)

I never got mine back, I took a buyout from Nokia for 230$ after 6 weeks of waiting. Then I bought a n800

Kaervak
2007-12-01, 21:02
Well that's certainly depressing. I'll give them at least seven business days from the "waiting on parts" before I call them and see what, if anything, can be done to speed up the repair or get a replacement. Thanks for the info guys. :)

jer006
2007-12-03, 01:49
It took mine about 2-3 weeks to do the round trip, I also had a WSOD and they replaced the entire device. I had no trouble with nokia and did not have to call - I checked the status online and everything went fine for me.

rcsteiner
2007-12-03, 09:32

My wife's 770 encountered an unrecoverable WSOD, and it took around three weeks after I sent it in before they sent a replacement unit.

Kaervak
2007-12-04, 19:49
Well, something must have changed at their repair center. I checked the status of my 770 a little while ago and they shipped out a replacement yesterday. Very very nice. I guess they got enough complaints to finally change how they do things.

Kaervak
2007-12-08, 05:48
Well, nine business days after the repair center received my WSOD 770, a replacement unit is in my hands. I'm a little concerned as the replacement unit had the latest OS2006 installed on it as my WSOD one did. I'm hoping this one doesn't go kaput on me too. On a side note, the replacement came with a battery cover, stylus and metal sleeve which I wasn't expecting. Since I have no use for an extra metal sleeve and battery cover (:p I'm keeping the stylus), anyone want them? Cost of shipping plus a buck.

Aural
2007-12-09, 00:14
I sent mine to the Huntsville, Alabama facility and got it back (er, new 770) in 8 days (though it ended up being longer since I wasn't in town to actually recieve it.

**Edit**
Make that 6 business days