PDA

View Full Version : Asus Eee vs. Nokia N810

Reggie
2007-11-28, 15:31
Thoughtfix just released a comprehensive comparative review of the Asus Eee 701 and the new Nokia N810 Internet Tablet:... I'm sticking with the N810 as my favorite "secondary" (non-phone) device. It fits my life much better than the Eee does. However, I am not one to turn away from a well-designed ultraportable. I'm going to have a good deal of fun with the Eee and enjoy it as my secondary home computer, but the N810 will get a lot more use out of the home.Read the full review.Read the full article. (http://www.internettablettalk.com/2007/11/28/asus-eee-vs-nokia-n810/)

xPAKxMaster
2007-11-28, 19:51
i am a big fan of ASUS and i have used their new device, but think about, even though it is absolutely awsome!, it is not nearly as portable as the n800 or n810 only because it is still a notebook so it doesnt fit in you pocket...

but it is still awsome.:D

Mattox
2007-11-29, 03:49
Great article, I'm interested in picking up an Eee, but might go with a U1010 instead :)

Frankowitz
2007-11-30, 07:51
Although I own a N800 and know what it's strenghts are, this review seems somewhat biased towards the N810.
I would much rather see a review between a N810 and an UMPC or a ultra portable laptop. But then again; every small mobile device has it's specific strenghts and weaknesses, including the Nokia IT's. I don't see them in this review.

rickh
2007-11-30, 08:14
I would much rather see a review between a N810 and an UMPC or a ultra portable laptop.
I think the problem with comparing an ITT to either a UMPC or an ultra portable laptop is there really is no comparison. The ITT is really in a class all its own at the moment.

UMPCs and ultra portable laptops have full OSes, for one thing, which opens up a whole world of readily available applications without the need to do any porting. While you can always port an app to the ITT, it's still an extra step (or more). And frankly, if it were just a simple recompile, we'd have long been using a recent version of Abiword (as an example).

Once the MIDs start to appear on the market, I would think that would be a closer comparison, but at this point I can only guess.

R.
==

Frankowitz
2007-11-30, 08:28
I think the problem with comparing an ITT to either a UMPC or an ultra portable laptop is there really is no comparison.

I agree. But it also depends on how you use the device and what your specific needs are. If you are looking for a small device capable of Internet browsing, then you can choose from a whole bunch of devices. To some extend you can compare them if the functionality you seek is available in both devices.

The ITT is really in a class all its own at the moment.

ITT? You mean the forum? :D

rickh
2007-11-30, 08:34
ITT? You mean the forum? :D
I need to put the stylus DOWN. Too tired.

R.
==