PDA

View Full Version : Cannot install on N800 using OS2008

mhuusko
2007-11-30, 05:32
Just cannot install any of the application from the list in application manager. Downloads just stall!!

Ceklund
2007-12-12, 00:25
I have the same problem, except the App manager doesn't stall. It completes the list download, but then says "Failed" and goes back to a blank list with no apps available.

I just posted on this in another spot, perhaps any replies to this thread could be made there instead. "App Installer Not Working Yet....?"

sevo
2007-12-12, 00:34
The installer has massively improved over OS2007 and below, and even theirs was generally good enough for beginners and casual users, and only caused problems (due to less than graceful error recovery) as you started toying with red-pill mode and other dangerous things much later in your personal learning curve.

maemo.org seems to be fairly hammered these days though, and often is very slow or will respond with nothing better than errors suggesting that the server ran out of handles. I often have to try again some minutes or even hours later when installing packages with any dependencies on maemo.org repositories, or when refreshing their repo lists.

Ceklund
2007-12-12, 01:00
It turns out I didn't know that the "BORA" repositories were no good for this version. We have to use CHINOOK. They are found here:

http://www.gronmayer.com/it/index.php?lang=en&system=maemo4&sort=hits&show_pck=156

Now I will go clean out all of my repositories, and re-install CHINOOK ones, and the problem is now solved. Thanks.