PDA

View Full Version : Windows mobile

Ryanzilla244
2007-11-30, 22:44
Although the nokia 770 is very different to a normal pc.....,but, is there any way to install windows mobile on a nokia 770. Any suggestions even if you are going to tell me im a slice short of a loaf. Cheers.:)

omegaone37
2007-11-30, 22:58
In a word... NO.

And you're more like 2 sandwiches short of a good picnic!

Regards,

Omega

xPAKxMaster
2007-11-30, 22:59
Although the nokia 770 is very different to a normal pc.....,but, is there any way to install windows mobile on a nokia 770. Any suggestions even if you are going to tell me im a slice short of a loaf. Cheers.:)

man... you do know that the maemo is way beyond better than windows mobile...

i think it would be quite hard to do and i doubt anyone would even take the time to try...

ps: i think it's an interesting idea, i like it lol

thunder7
2007-11-30, 23:04
Let me put it this way. WinDOZE Mobile is the binary equivelant of hitting yourself in the head with a hammer a few times. Which is exactly what you will want to do after a long enough experience with yet another bug-ridden piece of Micro$oft crap.

xPAKxMaster
2007-11-30, 23:08
Let me put it this way. WinDOZE Mobile is the binary equivelant of hitting yourself in the head with a hammer a few times. Which is exactly what you will want to do after a long enough experience with yet another bug-ridden piece of Micro$oft crap.

........... i agree, i do struggle withit everyday.
at the end of the week i feel like punching babies lol
LINUX ALL THE WAY!!!.....

linuxrebel
2007-12-01, 00:09
The biggest problem is. A legal one. Since there is to the best of my knowledge no way to purchase a Win License without it being contractually tied to a device it's already installed on.

Then you have the legal hassle surrounding the DSP chips and the licenses for running them (if you want sound) In short, if I knew a way and were to tell you I would be breaking any number of laws. Don't know how so I can't break the law, but you get my point.

markholladay
2008-01-06, 04:02
I have also wondered this. I think it would be great to just mess around with it.
I am surprised that I cannot find anything online about anyone even trying to install Windows Mobile on the tablet.
Has anyone heard any new news on this?

bartsimpson123844
2008-01-06, 04:24
I have also wondered this. I think it would be great to just mess around with it.
I am surprised that I cannot find anything online about anyone even trying to install Windows Mobile on the tablet.

I have not wondered this. You would have to pay Microsoft an ungodly amount of money to do this and it is just not worth it. After I've had a few PPC's running Windows mobile, and switching to the Nokia IT's, I'll say that I will never go back again.

djashjones
2008-01-06, 09:09
come on, windows mobile 6 is not that bad. much better range of software available. IE for wmp6 is a waste of space, Comes with built in office which is a plus.

both os's have there good side and bad.

aflegg
2008-01-06, 10:23
There's no-one who could do it apart from Microsoft. It's a non-starter.

blak
2008-01-06, 10:26
Sorry to say this... but hey! linux freaks!!! :| Im bashing my head right now because I cannot find any suport for GPS :|. Wayfinder does not have the map of my country and any other software out there needs windows mobile! SO IM BASHING MY HEAD BAD!

+ im starting to think that buying the N800 was a mistake.

MikeL
2008-01-06, 10:34
I cannot find any suport for GPS :|. Wayfinder does not have the map of my country and any other software out there needs windows mobile! SO IM BASHING MY HEAD BAD!
Have you looked at Maemo Mapper. http://gnuite.com:8080/nokia770/maemo-mapper/

Lots of threads about this great programme for the N800 when using a bluetooth GPS.

djashjones
2008-01-06, 10:41
+ im starting to think that buying the N800 was a mistake.

Dont think like. Like you Im from a windows background. I know theres lots of applications that are missing but its growing. Windows started off the same way. Success is only gauged by its users and its growing all the time.

With the beauty of forums like this. There is a wealth of experience which will help you.

Linux is not a user friendly OS but perseverance will come with rewards. (well im hoping anyway :p)