PDA

View Full Version : My First Little App

Aisu
2007-12-01, 16:35
Yo!

I just started learning python and needed a simple, simple way to explore it... So, why not make an app that doesn't do anything except start other apps? :)

If anyone wants, maybe I could try to make it practical (and decent looking...) But for right now, it just looks like a crude iPhone screen ;) Please just take a look if your interested in an iPhone-style launcher (for some odd, reason)

http://geekpenguin.blogspot.com/2007/12/entering-rin.html

YoDude
2007-12-01, 17:17
Cool! Keep on rockin'

pipeline
2007-12-01, 18:06
I would want something like that. As i am driving on busy highways, negotiating lane changes, etc. i often find the interface to be less than optimal for that usage pattern (not to mention stylus slips). Please release before holiday traffic season!

IBICO
2007-12-01, 19:16
I like it.. Only, what about making it also been able to scroll up and down like a big wheel.. something like Kagu when browsing up and down only more that the app in the front is very clear and up front while the one up and down in the list is more back and blury

Aisu
2007-12-01, 21:15
Well... Kagu and UKMP are PyGame... I wanted to learn to work with PyGtk for more, ehm... Practical apps, I guess? But that is definitely a great idea! I'll have to look into it ;)