PDA

View Full Version : LAMP server in os2008?

Tirithen
2007-12-02, 19:38
I'm doing some PHP coding and thought that it would be nice to be able to test pages on my N800 and check some details in my coding even if not writing large amounts of code.. But when now finally the USB keyboard works this would be great.

I've found and installed both apache2 and some kind of PHP package but can't seem to install the mysql package from os2007, is there some way to force that version to install?

Is there someone here that know where apache2 places the apache2.conf/httpd.conf, I did find one httpd.conf file and changed the document root and restarted but it did not change...

miind
2007-12-02, 20:28
Ive done some lamp coding on a 800mhz p3 with 200mb ram and that was slow. I think you will ran low on RAM pretty fast.. but its always cool to try! ;)

Tirithen
2007-12-02, 20:37
Yes, for now it's small webpages for now and onely for localhost access so it should work if slow, as I said apache2 and php seemes possible to install as long as I can fint the config file(s) for apache2 but I need to get mysql going. ..and it's mostly for fun. :-)

zakeen
2007-12-14, 03:36
Any luck with this? Id like to write small apps for the n810 and all I know is phpmysql so this would be the best way for me.

Moonshine
2007-12-14, 05:05
Apache an Mysql are available currently for os2008. PHP isn't yet, but it was for os2007. I imagine you'll see it down the road here.

Tirithen
2007-12-15, 13:01
I have found a mysql server package that did install fine with dpkg but when I try to run mysql I get an error saying that libmysqlclient is missing. I tried to install the only version that I found but it would not install. Anyone that managed to run an mysql client?

hugolp
2008-01-13, 17:27
I have found a mysql server package that did install fine with dpkg but when I try to run mysql I get an error saying that libmysqlclient is missing. I tried to install the only version that I found but it would not install. Anyone that managed to run an mysql client?

Hi

Im looking for a mysql-client package for the OS2008 as well. Ive manage to find one, but theres something not working. Anyone has find any mysql-client package for the OS2008?

Hugo

hordeman
2008-01-13, 18:33
wait... am i reading right? there are php packages for apache? i've only seen php-cgi for nginx.

Tirithen
2008-01-15, 09:08
I've seen I think three different php packages in the repositories as I'm sure you have as well but I can't seem to understand what kind of packages they are. I've been trying to find the configuration file for apache once it's installed to try to set ut up and try if php/mod_rewrite/mysql are working but I could not find a file that seemed to affect apaches configuration even though I think I found a httpd.conf or apache.conf in /etc/apache or something like it.

Is there someone in this forum that got apache and mysql working yet? And someone that knows what the php packages are and if they work with apache (I suppose they don't)?

Johnx
2008-01-15, 11:37
If you make a debian chroot on an SD card this should be as easy as apt-get install foo bar blat.