PDA

View Full Version : OS X + Remote Desktop

biomimetic
2007-12-06, 22:44
I've searched the forums, and the web to no avail.
I bought my N800 for the ability to remote desktop into my Mac Mini @ home. I'm running the latest OS X, and OS2007 on my tablet. Is there anything out there that will allow me to do this?

Also I'd like to stream my music & movies from my house to my tablet, wither I'm sitting next to my cpu, or on the other side of the country (maybe this is a mute point if I can get remote desktop.)

Are these 2 possible? I'm sorry I'm a noob hen it comes to this stuff, but I want to learn- if someone can just point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

barry99705
2007-12-06, 22:58
You should be able to vnc the mac.

arjun-giri
2007-12-06, 23:04
I also was trying to connect my MacMini with n800 running os2007 but the only result i got using VNC . Anyone can help us to advance in this subject?

arjun-giri
2007-12-06, 23:10
[QUOTE=biomimetic;105402]I've searched the forums, and the web to no avail.
I bought my N800 for the ability to remote desktop into my Mac Mini @ home. I'm running the latest OS X, and OS2007 on my tablet. Is there anything out there that will allow me to do this?

Also I'd like to stream my music & movies from my house to my tablet, wither I'm sitting next to my cpu, or on the other side of the country (maybe this is a mute point if I can get remote desktop.)

BTW:

Try to use Twonky Media on your MacMini and Canola on N800 It works fine for me , but it's only for music/pictures/video sharing inside home network

biomimetic
2007-12-06, 23:11
Yeah I knew about Twonky- but I'm looking for home & abroad. I want to be able to do it from work, my wifey's parents house, on the road, in the coffee shop, etc.

GeneralAntilles
2007-12-06, 23:33
Yeah I knew about Twonky- but I'm looking for home & abroad. I want to be able to do it from work, my wifey's parents house, on the road, in the coffee shop, etc.

If you've got the upstream to handle it, something like aflegg's mediaserv would do it.

Matyas
2007-12-10, 18:48
After you have checked your upstream band, I suggest the use of an ssh connection (ready available on OSX) or a vpn solution...

aldebaran
2008-01-30, 09:03
Hi there. Not the same topic, but I think it's the right place for my question/problem.
I got a brand new mac mini and I'll like to connect it with the N800 (OS 2008) over wifi.
I haven't any router at home. Just the mini and the n800. How shoul I set up the both for remote desktop?
Should I use a ssh connection for more privacy?
Thanks