PDA

View Full Version : Outlook Data -> XML Solution

michaelalanjones
2006-02-07, 19:45
I tinkered around with this idea over the weekend, and created a solution that extracts all the basic Outlook items, including Journals, and saves them into XML. I wanted to put it out for beta Monday, but I haven't been able to give it a good test at work. I mean, sure, it runs on my PC at home, but a good test is to install it at work and see how it runs. But I have been busy at work, dang it, and haven't had time.

So when I get it tested, I will let you all see what is up. It is configurable, to allow you to only extract one part of Outlook, i.e., the Journal only, or the Tasks only, or both, or any Outlook items or all of them, in one XML file or individual XML files. Or, I might just put it out tonight, if I have time.

It produces something like this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<outlink>
<inbox count="12">
<inbox number="1" subject=.../>
<inbox number="2" subject=.../>
</inbox>
<contacts>
<contact number="1" first_name="Michael" .../>
<contact number="2" first_name="Karen" .../>
</contacts>
<tasks>
<task number="1" status="1" ../>
<task number="2" status="0" ../>
</tasks>
</outlink>

Or, it produces something like this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<inbox count=12>
<inbox number="1" subject=.../>
<inbox number="2" subject=.../>
</inbox>

fermunky
2006-02-07, 20:47
Is this in regards to the Outlook Web Access (OWA)? I have been stumped since OWA is not working on the tablet, and according to opera, it is because of the way the server sees the browser type.

michaelalanjones
2006-02-08, 04:31
No, hopefully, this is preclude the user from having to use OWA.

leo_dk
2006-02-08, 09:23
fermunky - OWA works perfect for me, so not sure that the opera browser is the cause...

massradius
2012-01-12, 21:28
Hi, Did anything ever come of this? I'd love something like this for my N9 and would be willing to pay for it