PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got 2gb+ micro cards with adaptor to work in N810?

sparkytt
2007-12-16, 19:31
I've tried 3 different microSD cards in N810 with Mini SD adaptor

1gb, no label, OK
2gb, San Disk, not recognised
8gbHC, San Disk, not recognised

Tried partitioning 8gb card into 4 x 1.9gb partitions with no luck.

Seems that Mini cards work fine but micros with adaptor are less predictable.

Anyone had any luck?

aki
2007-12-16, 19:40
Can you somehow test to see if the miniSD adaptor is functioning correctly?

I've got a sandisk 6gbhc in the unit via the minisd adapter that came with the card. Worked out of the box. (worked fine even after I reformatted it ext2)

munky261
2007-12-16, 20:00
i got a 4gb kingston sdhc micro in mine , works totally fine

gerbick
2007-12-16, 20:39
^ ditto setup as munky261, worked without incident.

gemniii42
2007-12-16, 20:45
Could someone merge this thread with:
http://www.internettablettalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13117

sparkytt
2007-12-16, 20:58
Can you somehow test to see if the miniSD adaptor is functioning correctly?

Yes, it works with 1gb micro card and mini adaptor

munky261
2007-12-17, 01:51
could always be that there is a problem with your tablet , theres no reason at all why it should have a problem reading the 8 gig cards , otherwise some some of capacity limit would have been stated. perhaps you could try formatting the card in the appropriate filesystem (forgive , i cant remember what the 810 uses) on your desktop and maybe that would work

send2cbd
2007-12-17, 22:48
I tried an adapter with a 6G Sandisk micro card - was not recognized. I then tried a 4G mini card and it worked. NO clue why a micro card would not work in the mini adapter. I put the 6G card in my digital camera, so no big whoop.

dnastase
2007-12-18, 00:13
I had the same problem: I've bought a 6Gb micro-sd and then a micro->mini sd adapter separately.
I tried the card and to my surprise it didn't work. The adapter seemed like it had a problem w/ the pins (like two were perforated) so I returned it and got another one. But the new one had the same issue (perforated pins). I decided not to return it again and went home and tried it anyway and: it worked ! I then tried it w/ another 1Gb micro-sd and it worked too.

But I have noticed that you need to really make sure that the little door to the card is pushed all the way in. The tablet doesn't recognize the card until the door is closed properly. So I'm guessing that it has some kind of sensor.

This might have been the problem w/ my first card adapter, but I can't be really sure.

Daniel

WFT
2007-12-18, 14:44
My Sandisk 6 GB worked without any problem. Maybe your adapter is shot.

Khertan
2007-12-18, 15:27
Does the mini / micro adaptator doesn't need to be sdhc ?

send2cbd
2007-12-23, 01:30
The 6G card and the adapter work fine on my PC. I have no other devices that take mini SD cards. The 6G card, by itself, is fine in my nikon camera and PC.

When I bought the mini-microSD adapter, the vendor said there was no adapter that was HC ( which is what the micro card is). From what Ive seen, Sandisk says this adapter should work.

haokah
2007-12-23, 15:16
2g sansdisk micro with mini adapter working fine.
I did have to press it in with the stylus until it clicked, it didn't want to seat fully by pressing the slot cover.

deadmalc
2007-12-24, 21:40
WOW! Thanks for the tip about the stylus!!!
That was driving me up the wall, I was getting all sorts of weirdness - and I mean all sorts, by the card not being seated properly (and that is a mini card not a micro).
I can now enjoy my new tablet without swearing!

xxx

gemniii42
2007-12-24, 22:28
WOW! Thanks for the tip about the stylus!!!
That was driving me up the wall, I was getting all sorts of weirdness - and I mean all sorts, by the card not being seated properly (and that is a mini card not a micro).
I can now enjoy my new tablet without swearing!

xxx

Don't worry - if you try to do a lot of things with it the swearing will return.
Like why do I have to go to bluetooth-->devices-->(select one)-->edit to turn on my headphones?
Why do I have to turn on the GPS with Map, before using Maemo Mapper?