PDA

View Full Version : Redirect Loop/Crazy Pills???

gte619n
2007-12-17, 03:15
Hey guys,

With everybody's help I've got my N800 running OS2008. Thanks again for the help and I've got to say that it's really upped the usability of the browser, among other things.

Now, I have no idea if I did something wrong in setup or what has happened, but it seems that I get "Redirect Loop" errors when I try to visit a TON of websites. Many many more than previously.

I would say that 80% of the sites that I'm trying to access don't load properly and give me this "Redirect Loop" error that says: "Redirection Loop for this URL exceeded. Unable to load requesting page. This may be caused by cookies that are blocked."

To my knowledge (and settings) I have not blocked cookies.

Am I doing something wrong? Is my setup incorrect? It seems to happen on more than just on connection by I haven't' collected any hard evidence of that yet.

Thoughts?!

dblank
2007-12-17, 06:40
I've been seeing this more and more too.. pretty irritating!
Haven't had too much time to mess around with it.

For now I just go directly to the URL it tries to redirect to; instead of hitting google.com, go to www.google.com, etc.

linuxrebel
2007-12-17, 08:41
Personally I haven't seen this at all. But frrom experience with browsers, try this. Close the browser, open a term window and move .mozilla to mozilla (just removes the leading dot). Then start the browser and go to the same page you had problems with before.

gte619n
2007-12-17, 12:49
Thanks for the reply guys.

Could you explain the .mozilla thing to me with a little more detail? Where can I find that file?

Thanks!

Evan

gte619n
2007-12-19, 04:25
Hey Guys,

Moving the .mozilla file to mozilla did the trick.

How/why did this work?

Thanks!

Evan

dblank
2007-12-19, 19:12
Moving the .mozilla file to mozilla did the trick.

How/why did this work?

That's where configuration files, etc. are located, looks like we got something icky in there, no idea what that something is, though :)

If I see it happen again I'll compare against backups and find the culprit.

viktorfrankl
2007-12-20, 23:02
what is this file's location?

Traecer
2007-12-20, 23:24
/home/user

viktorfrankl
2007-12-21, 18:09
hm, it works, but i still have to re-re-name the file every time i boot up.

viktorfrankl
2007-12-22, 00:40
how can i make the change permanent?

patleeman
2008-01-04, 02:32
just fyi for the linux noobs out there you need:

become root

open x terminal

type "sudo gainroot" minus the " "

type mv .mozilla mozilla

Took me a while to figure it out since i'm a linux noob, so just fyi for whoever else gets this problem.

I think i got the problem because i installed some scripts for greasemonkey.