PDA

View Full Version : OpenTTD 0.6.0-beta2 for 2008OS

ksti
2007-12-17, 15:04
Hi!

I packed newest beta of openttd for 2008 OS. Should work with N800 and N810. I have only tested with N800 and it works on my N800.. Well some problems with icons and no D-Bus support and so on. I don't really have time / knowledge to build this port forward, but finally playable version of openttd for 2008 OS

Where to get it and some "tips":
http://myy.haaga-helia.fi/~a0702483/maemo/

And the deb file:
http://myy.haaga-helia.fi/~a0702483/maemo/openttd_0.6.0~beta2~maemo-1_armel.deb

TheBaron
2007-12-18, 20:35
Nice job so far! It works for me with a more or less fresh OS 2008 install.

Re your tips, I find the panning at edge to be a bit annoying. Up and down don't seem to work, and if you move the stylus away while at the edge the screen continues scrolling. Thankfully the d-pad works as a scroller too.

The patch under construction, 'use signal gui' is rather useful. As it allows the placing of pre-post signals; which is normally done with the ctrl key.

Thanks for the good work.

ksti
2007-12-18, 22:34
Nice job so far! It works for me with a more or less fresh OS 2008 install.

Re your tips, I find the panning at edge to be a bit annoying. Up and down don't seem to work, and if you move the stylus away while at the edge the screen continues scrolling. Thankfully the d-pad works as a scroller too.

The patch under construction, 'use signal gui' is rather useful. As it allows the placing of pre-post signals; which is normally done with the ctrl key.

Thanks for the good work.

Yeah it's bit annoying, but in full screen you can almost scroll every direction. Moving mouse cursor empty space next to toolbar at the bottom of screen or top. North west is a problem, because there ain't empty place. For some reason top toolbar doesn't center to the middle. I have some ideas how to make ui more optimized for hildon. Example hiding mouse cursor and moving cursor to the center of screen after releasing stylus from touchscreen. This idea sounds pretty unclean and dunno how it would work in real world. Or some other way to make scroll mapping with stylus work. I personally don't like scrolling map with dpad, but I don't probably have knowledge enough to make features like these.

Oh and minimap is also pretty usefully. Pressing "menu" button pops up minimap and with stylus it's easy to click where you want to go. It would be nice to hear if this works with N810, does HW keyboard or BT keyboard work, or should I change buttons mapping. I just copied code from plaes patch and I believe mapping is almost same as in earlier packages of openttd for 2005OS and 2006OS.

Mix
2008-01-29, 16:14
Thank you a lot!! i was waiting a lot of time for this game to be ported! and it's very nice to have it in OS2008.

It's working perfect in my N800

Samba Pa Ti
2008-01-29, 17:31
just trying this and i cant get it to load, its installed fine but i guess im missing some files.

what files would i need and where would they need to be installed?
(i havent installed openttd before so im unsure)

fizze
2008-02-21, 13:17
Check this thread, in the openttd.org forums:
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=36042&p=666892#p666892

dburr10085
2008-02-21, 16:05
Are there detailed instructions for OS2007he anywhere? I don't understand the part about using the original game files.

Mikma
2008-08-31, 23:56
Will we be seeing OpenTTD 0.6.2 for Maemo?

mikkov
2008-09-02, 21:15
apparently somebody uploaded openttd-0.6.2 to extras-devel, but didn't put it in user/games section, so it doesn't show in application manager

Mikma
2008-09-03, 20:28
Well, I installed it with apt-get and i'm getting Segmentation fault with it. :(

Mikma
2008-09-06, 13:06
I contacted the author who added the 0.6.2 version into maemo extras-devel about the segmentation fault, and he said he has the same issue and don't know what causes it.

On the other hand, the same package works on my friends N810. We have no idea what's going on with this :(

Mikma
2008-09-24, 15:22
So again I was playing around with the devel-extras version of OpenTTD 0.6.2, and got some results with the Segmentation fault I keep on getting.

I ran the game with ./openttd -d 4 and noticed that the Segfault happens in middle of openttdw.grf loading, so I deleted the file and tried to rerun the game.

result was this:
http://mikma.reaktio.net/misc/huh1.png

No segmentation fault, but missing graphics. But hey, atleast it's progress :)