PDA

View Full Version : Favicons in bookmarks

Moonshine
2007-12-19, 06:17
After adding a few dozen bookmarks tonight, it seems there is a bug when it comes to the favicon used and saved with a new bookmark. Often it chooses a favicon from the previous site visited, or doesn't use one at all even though the site has one. Is anyone else seeing this?

This can be cleaned up by hand in th bookmarks xml file, but that's a PITA.

Moonshine
2007-12-19, 15:50
Hehe... I guess people haven't had enough time with the OS to be bothered by this one. Yet. :D

badger
2008-01-04, 04:08
I have seen this... Think is has something to do with having a number of web windows open at once...

Also, Anyone know how to create bookmarks with "Large" Favicons - like the preinstalled ones: facebook and wikipedia?

Bobik
2008-01-04, 04:28
Yes, adding new bookmark saves the favicon from the previous web site visited ! Bug...

dogsbody
2008-01-05, 02:28
I could be wrong but I get this sometimes on bookmarks in Firefox so this may be a bug from higher up!

badger
2008-01-07, 01:33
Been poking around and found some file here:

/usr/share/bookmark-manager/

This folder contains and XML file with the default bookmarks and a folder with some favicons - it shows how we can use large *ico files for our own bookmarks...

I am yet to find the user added bookmarks, once we find these it should be really easy to alter the favicons which have been added through the browser.

badger
2008-01-07, 22:56
You can fix the favicons by editing the XML file in the following directory...

/user/home/.broswer/

MyBookmarks.xml holds the details around your saved favorites and there is a folder which holds the favicons.

sashabe
2008-03-11, 13:55
On my tablet active MyBookmarks.xml is located in /user/home/.bookmarks/.

sixsixty
2008-06-16, 20:58
has there been any updates on this?
i'm able to find the mybookmarks.xml and edit it line by line, but i was hoping there might be an easier way to do this? it would be neat if the bookmarks all had correct icons.