PDA

View Full Version : Video Converter Software

enagel
2006-02-12, 15:17
I am trying to convert movies for use on the 770 and have been unsuccessful using the 770 Video Converter Software. I am initially ripping the movie using another software package with a video codec of either XviD MPEG-4 or DivX 6.1.1 with a resolution of 352 x 264 (which is the default for the software). I then use the 770 Video Converter software with a video resolution setting of 288 x 160, a video bitrate of 256 and an audio bitrate of 128. The movie "down converts" successfully and I can play fine on Windows Media Player on my laptop. When transferred, however, to the 770 the movie appears to load successfully within the video player, shows the proper time duration of the movie but never plays.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

NokNok770
2006-02-12, 17:45
Having problems with converting video myself I can feel your pain. I'm not an expert but I successfully convert a couple of movies. I use nero recode 2 to convert the video to mp4 of size 288x160 and video bitrate under 300, it's in the advance setting of nero recode. Then I use media converter to convert it to avi. When you play the video it takes a while for it to start up and if it fails to start up, tray it again, it can take a few tries before it works. And if the audio is off sync, try pressing the back button to rewind it usually helps.