PDA

View Full Version : Hebrew Fonts for OS2008 - Package available

realitygaps
2007-12-23, 19:27
I have packaged the culmus fonts (hebrew language) for os2008 and they are available for download from:

http://www.isratux.com/maemo/culmus_0.101-8_all.deb

It installs (as root) with dpkg -i culmus_0.101-8_all.deb i'm not sure why it wont install directly in the application manager.

After installing reboot the device (or switch off and back on again) and you should be able to read hebrew in apps including the web browser.

This is working for me on os2008, not sure about OS2007 or older- but its just fonts and the package has no other dependencies so I imagine they would work, if someone tries them and they dont work let me know and I can repackage for OS2007 also.

Heres a screenshot:

http://shutter7.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/12191/normal_screenshot02.png

Hebrew input is already working on a modified version of the hildon-arabic input plugin - I'll make packages available soon or at least a keys.xml layout for the hebrew keyboard that can be used with the arabic input plugin by msameer.

tori
2008-01-07, 19:23
Hi realitygups

I Would like to say that it seems you did great to make a read and write hebrew possibility. I wish I knew how to enjoy it. Since i'm not a lay linux guy, I would appreciate any assistance one can give toinstaal it

Thanks

pamadio
2008-01-12, 12:41
Hi there.

Do you plan to push this package in the extra repository ?

Would it be possible to have access to the source package ? I would like to see how to generate a font .deb.

Thanks.

realitygaps
2008-01-29, 05:34
Hi pamadio,

I'm looking to put this in extras as soon as i get the time to find out how to make a slightly better package that is 'maemoized' and works for installation via package manager.

The source package is the standard debian package for culmus, I just did apt-get source culmus from debian sid and compiled the source directly.

Yoni
2008-02-02, 01:22
When I tried inside the X terminal the command:
$ dpkg -i culmus....(etc)
I got back the message: dpkg: requested operation requires superuser privilege.

What should I do to overcome this and install the hebrew fonts?
Toda!

Arjun
2008-02-02, 01:47
To install a software package using the ' X-Term ', you will need to be signed on as the ' superuser ' or ' root '. For this you will need to install the ' becomeroot ' package specific to your Internet Tablet.

luis-garcia
2008-02-03, 06:10
not working in os2006 nokia 770 it says: incompatible package :(