PDA

View Full Version : Slimserver vs. my stupid network setup.

Hedgecore
2006-02-14, 20:53
I've got an internal DSL card so I use a dedicated P3 1GHz to serve up internet for all of my other devices. Here's my current layout:

[DSL] [Slimserver]
[Pentium3] [Pentium4]
[NIC] -> [Router] -> [NIC]

Now, the P3 is using ICS under XP to dole out a local IP to the router which in turn doles out local IPs to each of the machines connected to it. I enabled port forwarding under ICS such that the slimserver web page can be accessed remotely, however users' IPs don't appear on the list of available players. (A friend was able to change what was streaming to my 770 however). Forwarding on the router isn't useful because it won't find the 'live' IP address being that it's fed one on the local range as well.

Any ideas?

jimmy100
2006-02-14, 21:23
The IP address' won't appear in the slimserver player list until the client starts downloading the stream (either by launching softsqueeze and pointing to the server, or opening the http://host:9000/stream.mp3 file in another media player). Are you using softsqueeze or winamp/WMP/other? Can the clients open the stream.mp3 file?

Hedgecore
2006-02-15, 04:03
He was playing the stream but nothing coming because the 'player' (ie his IP) wasn't selectable. I played it from my PC in winamp just fine and two IPs appeared, the 770 and the P4 3ghz.