PDA

View Full Version : password safe - how to enter data?

Zebee
2007-12-26, 02:18
I have installed password safe from garage.maemo.org but when I start it up and create "new" I can't enter any data!

Is it only supposed to be a list of passwords you have created elsewhere? That would sort of defeat the point for me, as the n800 is the only thing I'd have with me wherever I go including when I need to insert new passwords...

If you can't create passwords in it, then are there other password encryptors anywhere?

(Between this and no snooze in the calendar, the n800 won't replace the iPaq any time soon, and it most certainly won't replace the iPod...)

Zebee

sgosnell
2007-12-26, 03:30
Select the new file by tapping on it, then open the main menu and select Add Entry. You can keep on adding new entries this way for as many passwords as you want to store.

Zebee
2007-12-26, 03:41
Select the new file by tapping on it, then open the main menu and select Add Entry. You can keep on adding new entries this way for as many passwords as you want to store.

I tried that. the reason I can't add things is because the kb doesn't come up. I hit add entry, the dialog box to add things comes up, I can move the cursor with the stylus and select the "new" text in the title field, again with the stylus, but no kb pops up.

Hmmm...

OK, trying again it seems that you have to select "edit" to get the kb to come up. Probably should have thought of that, given it's a ported app it won't conform to native UI guidelines.

Zebee