PDA

View Full Version : My N810 is in the mail

Benz145
2007-12-26, 19:10
Well I just ordered an N810 the other day from Buy.com and I can't wait for it to get here. It should arrive either Thursday or Friday, curse Buy.com for the 1-2 day period that it takes for a product to leave their warehouse! I would have bought from Amazon and avoided that but they were out of stock, anyway...

I'm a complete N series noob, I've never used the OS2008 operating system and have only as much Linux knowledge as it takes to install Ubuntu (approximately none). I'm assume and hoping it is similar to Palm OS in the sense that there will be a big library of free apps to help expand the functionality of the device.

Something I'm specifically concerned about is the GPS software. I've read that the N810 (at least the pre-production units) take quick a while to connect to GPS, and even when you are connected the built in software is sub-par. I've also read that it'd be $130 to purchase a good piece of functioning GPS software! Someone say it aint so!

Another thing I've read is that there isn't any good software for the built in camera yet, is this another problem that's solution is to purchase better software?

Thanks for any information, I'm exciting to be joining everyone here on the site.

wls
2007-12-26, 19:53
I'd be interested in hearing if you actually get it this week. Most people are reporting there are no units available until January. Several online merchants are saying they have it but can't ship for several weeks.
Let us know if you get it or get delayed. I had to cancel my order with buy.com after waiting several weeks in "processing"

Benz145
2007-12-26, 19:57
Uh oh now you are scaring me! Well my order says "shipped" on Buy.com's page so I hope its not lying to me. Though I'm a bit afraid because I haven't been able to pull up tracking information yet...

Oh and I just double checked and it appears as though Amazon has the N810 back in stock, and its price dropped by about $40.

zakeen
2007-12-27, 12:35
Are you the same Benz145 from the UX forum site? If so, hahaha funny to see you hear.

About this order being sent. I ordered mine from a different place in the states on the 16th of Dec and I emailed them on the 21st to cancel the order because they didnt have stock when they got my order, but they did when I ordered it........ They replied back saying they JUST sent it. On there website it says "Processing" and on my CC statement there is no charge still(just checked)....... Im guessing they charge it when its sent. So I dont know whats happening........

Maybe I should call them.

Benz145
2007-12-27, 16:31
Yes its the same Benz145, I'm sorry to hear about other peoples trouble getting it shipped, but I ordered on the 25th and just received mine with 1 day shipping on the 27th, I'm right about to turn it on. All I can say is: shes a beaut!

zakeen
2007-12-27, 23:56
The website I ordered mine from now says shipped. So hopefully soon!

Jeffgrado
2007-12-28, 00:06
Oh no, another tablet and UX owner!

wvav8tor
2007-12-30, 10:34
Got mine off Ebay...$445.00 Seller is from the Pittsburgh, PA area, said to have 14 units avalible. The 810 i would think is about as good as it gets right now, it is a bit clunky compared to a full size computer to surf with but having said that I can't pack a laptop around in my pants.:)

dusty

Brad
2007-12-30, 15:26
I can't pack a laptop around in my pants.:)

dusty

Well, you could but people would look at you kinda funny...:D

bonaojnfr525
2007-12-30, 16:49
amazon really doesnt have it in stock...crap i ordered mine yesterday from amazon.....=/

realcomix
2007-12-30, 17:20
I got mine from buy.com on the 28th .. and it says it was sent to the warehouse .. i put a next day shipping on it .. they best ship it by monday or ima have to bust some caps sucka!!!