PDA

View Full Version : Internettablettalk website

Gadgetguy
2007-12-28, 00:19
Hello all,

various functions of this forum do not work on my stock n800 with os2008.

For example I cannot use the search popup (actually - no popup works)

Is this normal?

Thanks for any ideas....

Gadgetguy
2007-12-28, 14:13
Anyone? Am I the only one with this problem? What can I do to fix it? Maybe I messed something up? What? I really would like to avoid to reinstall the OS...

arsa
2007-12-28, 16:10
on 2007 the search popup used to pop up way lower, below the screen visible height. so i ended up just bookmarking advanced search and using that.

just checked 2008, and it works fine on that.

now, technicaly search popup is not a popup, it's a floating div, so when you are saying "no popup works", that means what exactly? browser does have a setting to prevent real popups, but it's off by default.

Reggie
2007-12-28, 16:20
I suggest you use the n810 v2 forum theme. You can find it at lower left of the forums.

arsa
2007-12-28, 16:33
oh yeah, maybe that's what changed :) when did v2 become default theme, or was released?

Gadgetguy
2007-12-28, 18:01
on 2007 the search popup used to pop up way lower, below the screen visible height. so i ended up just bookmarking advanced search and using that.

just checked 2008, and it works fine on that.

now, technicaly search popup is not a popup, it's a floating div, so when you are saying "no popup works", that means what exactly? browser does have a setting to prevent real popups, but it's off by default.

Thanks for the reply (and sorry for the confusion - I was referring to the floating div). So I do have a problem. "Search", "Quick links" and similar do not work on my N800 (I am using the N810- v2 theme). Would anyone know why? How can I make this work? (Other websites with similar pop ups - or floating divs seem to work...)

I have installed two browser plugins - but later removed them ( adblocker and another one). Maybe that resulted in my issues?

Is there any way to restore the web browser to defaults? Maybe by deleting the preferences? Or the whole .mozilla folder?

jllchao
2008-01-30, 20:27
I'm not sure people are still interested in this topic, since I'm replying to a post dated one month ago. I hope someone can spot my post and gave me some help.

When I got in internettablettalk website (from n800 of course), I felt the screen display going very slow. The most annoying thing is when you want to search (under the menu at the website), not only the search pop-up shows way bellow the screen (you have to scroll down to see it), but also when you try to type some words, the virtual keyboard is not popped up. You just can not enter any text to search for.

Is a way to get the virtual keyboard popped up?

Thank you.

James Chao

sjgadsby
2008-01-30, 20:42
The most annoying thing is when you want to search (under the menu at the website), not only the search pop-up shows way bellow the screen (you have to scroll down to see it), but also when you try to type some words, the virtual keyboard is not popped up.

Once you've located the search box and tapped in its text entry box to make it an active input area, try pressing the square button in the middle of your tablet's D-pad. Unless you've disabled the function in the control panel, pressing that square button will bring up the thumb keyboard. It will let you enter search text.

Alternately, you could try the "power search using Google" link on the main page of the site. I find it to provide better results anyway.

Yes, these are workarounds for something that should just work, but hey, at least search text isn't backwards anymore (http://www.internettablettalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12769).

jllchao
2008-01-30, 21:53
Thank you for your prompt reply. I think I had tried that. If I remember correct, I still had problem with the thumb entry. The text you type will not scroll to the left (when you have more text entry) and you just can not see what you type.

Thank you again.

James Chao

sjgadsby
2008-01-30, 21:58
If I remember correct, I still had problem with the thumb entry. The text you type will not scroll to the left (when you have more text entry) and you just can not see what you type.

I don't understand. When the thumb board opens, it covers the whole screen, providing its own text entry/editing area. That should allow you to enter as much text as you like, regardless of the oddities of the web site's search box.

jllchao
2008-01-31, 01:49
You're right. I tried again. I could type a long line of words. Thank you.

Do you feel browsing ITT website is a bit slow? I guess that's normal?

James Chao

sjgadsby
2008-01-31, 02:53
Do you feel browsing ITT website is a bit slow? I guess that's normal?

The wait for the browser to automatically jump to the first new post in a thread sometimes seems interminable, but other than that the site works well for me.

XTC
2008-02-29, 12:02
What I feel is - that this site is so much overloaded that it's the real tablet-killer :( ... for old ones like n770.
Pitty that there's no optimimum look for browsing this site with tablet itself.
So far - looks that fancy features are more important than the information - which is crucial for me :(

xandor
2008-03-01, 21:03
My view of the forum seems to be pretty stripped down, so I'm pretty sure it's the correct one for viewing on the tablet, but I can't seem to find a link to the search page (http://www.internettablettalk.com/forums/search.php?)! Have I somehow missed that, or is this a (glaring) omission?