PDA

View Full Version : Battle for Wesnoth OS2008 port

jem555
2007-12-28, 03:03
Hi everyone!!!...

Does anyone know if somebody already port Battle for wesnoth to OS2008... :confused:

I'm just waiting for this game to move to the new OS. :rolleyes:

Thanks a lot and happy new year!!!

spirytsick
2008-01-11, 23:41
Wesnoth works perfectly on OS2008. All you need to do is to download the game packages and install them with dpkg. OS2008 version of libsdl-net is available from one of the repos available at http://www.gronmayer.com/it/index.ph...s&show_pck=125

Enjoy it

aniruddha
2008-01-14, 13:36
Wesnoth works perfectly on OS2008. All you need to do is to download the game packages and install them with dpkg. OS2008 version of libsdl-net is available from one of the repos available at http://www.gronmayer.com/it/index.ph...s&show_pck=125

Enjoy it

Perfectly? I found it unplayable slow...

spirytsick
2008-01-14, 14:09
it never worked very fast. and it takes ages to load up the levels but the actual game itself is not that slow. I am sure that if someone had perfected the port it could have been accelerated but I am grateful for what we've got. After all its free of charge. And bear in mind that the official recommendations for version 1.1 are "computer with at least 1 GHz and 512 MB RAM" .I would say we're lucky that it works at all.

Michiel
2008-01-14, 22:28
It seems I'm doing something wrong: (on N800)

-I downloaded all the packages of wesnoth to my external SD card
-I installed libsdl-net from xterm by:
apt-get install libsdl-net1.2
-I installed the package wesnoth_1.2.6-1_armel.deb by:
dpkg -i /media/mmc1/wesnoth_1.2.6-1_armel.deb

however, when I then try to install wesnoth-sounds_1.2.6-1_all.deb and all the campaigns I get:
dpkg: error processing /media/mmc/wesnoth_sounds_1.2.6-1_all.deb (--install):
cannot access archives: No such file or directory
Errors were encountered while processing: /media/mmc1/wesnoth_sounds_1.2.6-1_all.deb

Seems odd, I double checked the location and filenames, they're all there. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

spirytsick
2008-01-14, 22:46
weird, mine installed without a hitch. try deleting them and copying them again to the same location, maybe it's some sort of filesystem error. Try also unmounting /media/mmc1 from commandline and run fsck.vfat -v /dev/mmcblk1p1 and see what happens. If any errors appear, fix the file system and then delete and copy the deb files again.

Michiel
2008-01-14, 23:38
It, uhmmm.., seems I had misread an '-' for an '_'. Serveral times. I feel reaaly stupid right now :o

All the packages installed fine now. I observed some games in multiplayer (had to change the default playername with an usb keyboard), the I played the tutorial. Went fine, but on the second level, it just froze.

Great game! Runs fine, except scrolling. Maybe this can be improved (I know little to nothing about programming, but maybe it's easy to change, that when the game wants you to view a certain area, it could just immediatly go to that area instead of taking the 'viewport-flightpad'.)

Sorry for the bad english, and many thanks for everyone working onthis great game :)

jhoff80
2008-03-26, 19:13
Stupid question, does anyone have the music package working? It seems all its doing is taking up space in my install.

Bundyo
2008-03-26, 20:46
It is working if you install the libsdl-mixer from the Widelands thread :) Linman compiled a new version of the library. Here (http://www.mediafire.com/?rm1gdnxmqm1). I can confirm the music is working.

cool_guy
2008-03-29, 18:53
I had the followiing error:
error audio: Could not load music file '/usr/share/games/wesnoth/music/main_menu_new.ogg': Failed loading libvorbisfile.so.3: libvorbisfile.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Solved by installing libvorbisfile3

Next problemm is segmentation fault...

cool_guy
2008-03-29, 20:57
Creating swap file solved segfault.
I get ocasional freezes for 1 or 2 seconds (not very often though),
but probably due to memory swaping.

cool_guy
2008-03-30, 01:24
Is there a way to right cclick?
I read about emulation the other thread but it doesn't work..

Hossie
2008-04-02, 18:24
Can you install this to memory card? :confused:

iskarion
2008-04-07, 18:18
Did somebody already spot a maemo port of Wesnoth 1.4?

I did upgrade Wesnoth from 1.2.8 to 1.4 on a computer which, like the N8x0, has a relatively slow CPU (though x86 and not ARM) and a small amount of RAM and there 1.4 feels snappier than 1.2.8.

Don't know which performance improvements went into Wesnoth 1.4, but maybe also an ARM port will benefit from them. Also 1.4 has improved/more campaings, better balanced gameplay, tons of bugfixes, nicer UI and lots of other improvements.

Already did try to compile Wesnoth 1.4 in Scratchbox, but I failed to succeed. :(

cool_guy
2008-04-09, 00:25
Can you install this to memory card? :confused:
Yes.
The game files are installed to /usr/share/games/wesnoth.
So I just created link to some dir on a card.
You'd need root access which you can get with becomeroot package, ssh or rd mode.
I moved a lot of stuff like that but beware that not all can be moved.
DO NOT MOVE STUFF USED AT START UP!

Laughing Man
2008-04-10, 01:15
I'm guessing to even do this though you'd have to have enough space first to install the game into the nX00's flash memory right?

Hossie
2008-04-10, 16:43
I did not try it, but on a normal linux system you would not have to.

Just

mkdir -p /media/mmc1/wesnoth/
mkdir -p /usr/share/games/
ln -s /media/mmc1/wesnoth /usr/share/games/

Laughing Man
2008-04-10, 20:06
Hmm just tried it and when installing it still said not enough memory available. (can't be my mmc1 since I have 1 GB free so it's the internal flash memory).

Hossie
2008-04-11, 07:31
I'm not quite sure if the mountpoint is really /media/mmc1. Of course be sure that the mmc1 is mounted. Maybe there is another path with a lot of files that also needs to be symlinked.

Laughing Man
2008-04-12, 23:00
Yeah it is (mmc1 is the external memory card in the N800). There probably is another path somewhere. Though I guess it doesn't matter in a bit since I ordered a 16 GB SDHC and will be installing the OS onto my current 4 GB SDHC (yay more memory to install stuff!).

mustalinux
2008-05-15, 14:53
@cool_guy

I am having the same problem. which repository has the libvorbisfile3 library? can you post its details?

Thanks!