PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo Mail?

johjohjus
2007-12-28, 20:00
Im getting a N800 this Sunday and I was wondering about how to get email from Yahoo. Is this possible? Also is instant messaging possible using yahoo messenger?

sJv
2007-12-28, 20:14
Yahoo mail web interface is available from the browser. If you are a paid yahoo subscriber, they offer POP access, so you could configure your mail reader using POP. As far as I know, IMAP is only offerred (free, too!) for iPhone users. I am hoping Yahoo opens this up to everyone soon as a one-up thing to Google Mail.

Yahoo IM can be done using Pidgin. It can also be done using the built in IM tool via jabber, but I haven't figured out yet how to do this. Pidgin works well for me so I don't have a compelling reason to figure the jabber stuff out. Now if one could video conference over jabber/Yahoo IM, then I'd be all over that!

-steve

Im getting a N800 this Sunday and I was wondering about how to get email from Yahoo. Is this possible? Also is instant messaging possible using yahoo messenger?

debudebu
2007-12-28, 21:32
i'm pretty sure gmail has free imap support now. it was announced a couple months ago and i used it to upload my 10 year collection of emails to the gmail server.

hordeman
2007-12-28, 21:50
For me, Yahoo! mail beta works horribly slow with frequent JavaScript errors. I had to switch to Yahoo! mail classic which works just fine.

BoxOfSnoo
2007-12-28, 21:55
There's a program called YPops on sourceforge here: yahoopops.sf.net

You need a host computer for it, though. I don't know if it can be ported to the n800 or not - that would be cool.

oddgoblin
2007-12-29, 19:33
I agree with hordeman, the 'all new' yahoo mail won't even load for me, it wouldn't on os2007 and it doesn't seem to on os2008. Yahoo Classic mail works perfectly as far as I can tell.

E-Dub
2008-01-02, 07:42
Check out:
http://www.internettablettalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7181&highlight=m.yahoo.com

There's a description on using the mobile phone web interface.
It's a stripped down version and has links to other yahoo services.

http://m.yahoo.com

munky261
2008-01-02, 08:33
the built in jabber client is useless to me in regards to yahoo , as this is the only im program i use. no servers seem to support invisible status and theres just no compelling reason to use it over the full featured pidgin program. yeah , integration is nice but not at the price of functionality.