PDA

View Full Version : [Canola] two phhoto viewer questions

hfw01
2007-12-29, 23:57
Is there a way to get the slideshow screen to not fade during a slideshow? It seems the backlighting fades during the slideshow.

Is there a way to determiine the sort order of pictyres? What is the default sort order?

Thanks,
Hal

handful
2007-12-30, 07:39
Hi Hfw,

We will add the option to the fading. About the order afaik is the creation date order.
Would you like to be able to order by what more specific parameters? Alphabetical (it doesn't make sense for most of people that simply pulls picture out of their camers with mv_ or other prefixes) but we are here to listen to all cases.

BR

Marcelo

hfw01
2007-12-30, 08:11
creation date isn't quite accurate for me because not all of my pictures were edited in the order they were taken. I also shoot everything in raw, so I create jpgs when I edit. So that is the creation date on my photos that I copied to the n800, not necessairily the date they were taken. For the purpose of sorting I named the jpgs that I copied to the n800 yyyy-mm-dd, and if I was picking multiple pictures from the same day I just addded a unique suffix.

If you could use the 'date picture taken' tag or 'datee and time original' that woulld work for me b/c that follows the different versions of the picture.

Thanks,
hal

myrjola
2008-01-02, 10:32
We will add the option to the fading. About the order afaik is the creation date order.
Would you like to be able to order by what more specific parameters? Alphabetical (it doesn't make sense for most of people that simply pulls picture out of their camers with mv_ or other prefixes) but we are here to listen to all cases.

Hi,

Actually alphabetical usually makes sense since often the files are sequantially numbered (at least within the same photo "shoot"). Personally I am shooting "raw" as well and rename the photos when processing them to jpg's producing files in an alphabetical sorted order.

Default should be alphabetical order IMHO, but setting it as an option should be fine.

Btw. thx for the photo viewer in Canola2!

handful
2008-01-04, 07:13
Ok guys =)

Suggestions noted =)

Br

Marcelo Eduardo