PDA

View Full Version : Streaming m3u format radio

andygates
2006-02-17, 23:15
:D Yay, finally online and I can't stop grinning. Posting from the sofa, Olympics muted on the telly and internet radio streaming to the 770 while I surf. Life is good.

Which brings me to tonight's question : the station I'm listening to is this one: http://www.j-fan.com/radio/listen.m3u Sticking it into the web browser works: it hands over to the audio player and I get my chirpy Japanese pop. But if I try to add that URL to the streams (so it is available on the homepage radio player), it tells me that the format is not supported.

How.can that be? It's playing it! /scratches head/

gnuite
2006-02-17, 23:53
Playlists (.m3u or .pls) are made up of tracks (each of which is stream, usually .mp3). You can open a playlist with the audio player, but you cannot add a playlist to the playlist. You have to add tracks from the playlist to the playlist.

If you want to add a radio station to the Favourites playlist (the one that drives the homepage audio player), first open the playlist in Audio Player (or with a browser), then "right-click" (hold the stylus down) on one of the streams that appear in the playlist, then select "Add to favorites".