PDA

View Full Version : What's the best way to connect and transfer data to the sdhc card

mmzymxf
2008-01-03, 22:27
I just got my n800 and flashed to os2008. The basic question is that I want to put my collection of musics on to the sdhc card, but not sure how - I guess I can use ssh but I bet there would be a better way there...

And I have difficulties connect using the USB cable to my windows xp system although it works to the vista...

Thanks for answering the newbie question

BillC
2008-01-03, 22:37
Can't answer the question regarding problems with the USB connection. I haven't had any problems off my XP machine.

For me, the fastest and easiest way to transfer data is using a card reader. I bought an SDHC card that came with a low profile USB card reader. Makes a great USB drive with exchangeable memory as well as a transfer mechanism to the N800.

mmzymxf
2008-01-03, 22:47
When I turn on the tablet, Windows xp detects the device but failed to install the driver, not sure why..

dogsbody
2008-01-03, 23:47
Hmmm, works for me on XP :(

I do echo what BillC says though, an mini SD card reader is fantastic, I bought a SanDisk MicroMate (http://www.sandisk.com/Products/Item(2018)-SDDR-113-A10-MicroMate_for_SDHC.aspx) cheap with an SD card and use that instead of USB thumb drives with a collection of SD cards :D

KCOTT
2008-01-04, 03:49
i just connected my n810 to my computer through bluetooth, theres a shared folder for both...so im guessing i could transfer files that way

Duncan
2008-01-04, 13:07
When I turn on the tablet, Windows xp detects the device but failed to install the driver, not sure why..
That is probably because Windows XP doesn't support SDHC cards larger than 2Gb unless you install a hotfix from Microsoft. See http://www.digitmemo.com/articles/219/adding-sdhc-support-for-windows-with-your-old-sd-card-reader/ which is a useful link as it includes a link to the hotfix (otherwise you have to specifically request it from Microsoft). XP SP3, when it comes out should also support this.

BanditRider
2008-01-05, 02:12
Install ssh and use scp.