PDA

View Full Version : slingbox

dbasner
2008-01-04, 14:57
Hi,

Slingbox has a slingplayer version for palm, the n810 has a emulator for palm. Could you feasibly go on slingplayer through the palm emulator? if i can i might buy a slingbox.

sebring
2008-01-04, 15:09
Haven't tried it yet, but even if it works, the palm emulator uses a very small portion of the screen (displays a palm screen layout that doesn't use about 1 1/2 inch of the nokia screen on each side of the palm layout) and as such would not be nearly as desirable as a native maemo version. If someone owns the palm version and wants to try it, please let us know how it works.

prk60091
2008-01-04, 18:17
afaik no one has been able to get the emulator to work with the slingbox palm app it connects to the box but there is no output (I have tried it on my 770 and my n810)

bg4
2008-01-04, 18:39
I downloaded it and could not get it to run on the garnet vm.
Garnet VM only supports three devices and sling palm doesn't run on any of those.

The Sling player would have only used a small slice of the nokia screen anyway and would have been kinda useless. Orb works much better and actually works.

Gadget25
2008-01-04, 19:09
Try orb, you ccan watch tv from anywhere , record, access ur computer , play videos anywhere ....do google search for more info

sebring
2008-01-04, 20:32
Try orb, you ccan watch tv from anywhere , record, access ur computer , play videos anywhere ....do google search for more info
I must be doing something wrong. I haven't been able to get orb to play videos satisfactorily or display live tv. What codecs are you using on your pc? I have
installed the nokia version of orb (if there is a difference).

Gadget25
2008-01-04, 20:53
Well for the tv part, I aint using since i dont have a tv tuner card. At the moment I just run the video that i access from my pc and audio and photos and play around with the included games in orb. I have no problem running video. What you can do if you want to see if it makes any difference. In the settings part for streaming you can put it from realplayer to flash to see if it makes any difference..

I dont think there is a difference for nokia orb

ebe51
2008-01-04, 22:19
Sense I do have a tv turner card,
can someone help me find a "how to" on get my tv to come through with this ord thing. I googled it but I haven't really found allot on how to make it work with a tv card.

Or can someone send a private message with a url to tune into to see if it's worth the trouble of learning.

larry.n.dobie
2008-09-24, 15:46
New to my N810, I did install the SlingMedia Palm Mobile Player using the Garnet VM, and it worked except for one small problem: No video. Sound and everything else, though. Also, by putting it into Portrait Mode, it fills the entire screen. I did this by pressing the full-screen button on the N810. Without the video, though, it's just like listening to radio. Not what I want from my Slingbox.

MattZTexasu
2008-09-25, 01:52
I would like to build a maemo app built around Slingbox SDK (http://sourceforge.net/projects/slingboxsdk/); but I'm not very experienced with linux development. It'd be cool if someone with more talent could take up this cause.

frethop
2008-09-25, 01:56
I have tried Orb and currently have a Hava. Orb never worked for me -- I tried many different settings and framerates, but video was always choppy. My PC has a tuner card.

The Hava works great. The player for the N8x0 platform works -- takes a little long to sync up -- but it works well.

I have not tried SlingBox.