PDA

View Full Version : WPA Certificate Issue

maxxr
2006-02-21, 17:55
The university that I work at has several forms of wireless access around campus, there is a guest account that simply uses a WEP key and then there are others that offer faster speeds but are WPA encrypted. I am able to input all the important information with the WPA with EAP option except for the certificates. I am unable to select any from the drop down box, the tablet has the correct certificate installed and I have imported a user certificate in case it was looking for that type in the drop down box, neither shows up. If I leave the certificate box blank when it tries to connect the only error message I get "authentication failed try again".

Has anyone else had this issue or have any ideas about what I might try? Thanks in advance! :)

maxxr
2006-02-23, 21:25
We figured out the problem i was having with getting connected. It turns out the the WAP that I was connecting to was mis-configured with the radius server. When I went into into some of the other buildings around campus I was able to connect without any trouble. I still don't know why I was not able to select the certificate but it doesn't appear that the certificates were a problem.