PDA

View Full Version : [Canola] Feedback / sound bugs

Mechdude
2008-01-11, 06:13
Thanks guys, a very inviting piece of software.

Few comments:
I seem to have a bug where the volume increases when changing audio tracks.
The volume increases upon indexing to the next track. The displayed volume dosen't change however adjusting the volume via onscreen or hardware control causes the sound to drop back to its original level. It seems to equate to about 10 onscreen dots. May be related to the lack of volume issue mentioned else where.

Connect to this, the hardware buttons seem to have a few skips in their adjustments where they will jump 2 increments up or down. Seems to be repeatable in the same positions on the scale.

There is no quick way to exit the application.

I would have assumed that upon selecting "Play random" it would begin to play immediately, however it seems to require you to select the starting song??

Love the thumb scrolling and general control layout, although found the upper right button a little small to hit reliably.

Doesn't seem to support wma files (Yeh I know, MS and all)

Playlists??

Didn't get the covers to work as yet.

But overall a great starting point.
thanks
Howard

handful
2008-01-11, 11:43
Hi Mechdude,

thanks for the feedbacks, I will comment on them :

I seem to have a bug where the volume increases when changing audio tracks.
The volume increases upon indexing to the next track. The displayed volume dosen't change however adjusting the volume via onscreen or hardware control causes the sound to drop back to its original level. It seems to equate to about 10 onscreen dots. May be related to the lack of volume issue mentioned else where.

I think Morpheuz already tracked this one down. If you could take a look in the garage bugs> there we are fixing everything listed asap.

Connect to this, the hardware buttons seem to have a few skips in their adjustments where they will jump 2 increments up or down. Seems to be repeatable in the same positions on the scale.

I will take a closer look at this one. The hardware keys are not final developed yet so expect improvements.

There is no quick way to exit the application.

Well, there's a couple :

1) you can hit the "home" or "menu" hardware button, Canola will apear that with a "x"
(2 touches you've exited )
or

2) you can hold a little the back button from any screen to get to the home screen, then press it again (2 touches + confirmation you're out) =)

I would have assumed that upon selecting "Play random" it would begin to play immediately, however it seems to require you to select the starting song??

Yeah, this is our mistake. It will be fixed in the upcoming update.

Love the thumb scrolling and general control layout, although found the upper right button a little small to hit reliably.

Sorry for that, but we need to make choices, increasing the button can decrease the most important area : the content. So in the n800 is quite hard, the n810 is easier (just go for the border) and we expect it to become easier and easier (we will maybe improve the hit area, but not the graphics itself)

Doesn't seem to support wma files (Yeh I know, MS and all)

This was just lack of time to implement the support on the scanner. Our focus was really on mp3 and the ogg support, but even those needed improvements (tags etc) so we will add the support also soon.

Playlists??

This is the most complex interaction to be done, it will but first the big fixes. We do have plans to support the playlists made in the default player. But we will also design something easier to use inside canola.

Didn't get the covers to work as yet.

The cover arts download was removed. So we are not studying / developing the ways to support more and more ways to do that without facing the legal issues. We are not individuals so we need to be very careful with legal threats.

But: in the development branches, it is already support the cover.jpg file in the album folder, it will support the embedded album soon, and there will be ways in the future to even change a wrong one quite easily.

But overall a great starting point.
thanks
Howard

Thanks for your time!

Marcelo

munky261
2008-01-11, 14:56
hey mechdude , i wrote a guide on how to manually place coverart so that it will show up , pm me with your email address if you would like a copy:)