PDA

View Full Version : [Canola] How to delete Canola's database?

Laughing Man
2008-01-11, 22:31
I've tried reinstalling Canola and it still detects the old data or media. Even after a rescan at the startup of the program. So all the pictures including covers it sees don't actually exist (I swapped the SD cards around). Though the folders still do. Is there anyway to force an update? I've tried tinkering around with the settings for which cards to watch, nothing happens even though it says updating database.

handful
2008-01-11, 23:00
Thanks for the feedback! I think gustavo is already looking in the scanner issues. But for now you can look for the Canola.db file in /user/home/.canola/ and delete it =)

Br

Marcelo

Laughing Man
2008-01-11, 23:48
Ok thanks, I'm assuming I have to become root..since the file manager can't get there and doing an ls with the default terminal app didn't list a folder for home..oddly.

Edit: Hmm haven't deleted it yet but now it won't detect my external SD card at all. Even the songs are missing from it.

Edit2: Well I found a way to get to the / folder but there's no /user/home

There is a /home/user but no Canola.db :(

stjuste
2008-01-14, 19:39
does deleting the canola.db file also remove podcast links and other settings data? I would like to have canola rescan for my audio lib but don't want my settings to disappear.

handful
2008-01-16, 20:45
Stjuste : yes.

If you know how to deal with SQL lite.. you can use it to delete the music part.
Gustavo pointed out :

sqlite3 ~/.canola/canola.db 'delete from files;'

But do it only if you know what you're doing.

We are adding a "force scan" on the settings to solve this problem.

Br

klwdallas
2008-01-29, 21:41
I just deleted the db using Xterm and cd-ing to directory above, then doing a rm.

cd .canola
rm canola.db

handful
2008-01-29, 22:04
KLW : the point is that he wanted to delete only the "link" to the media (music etc) not the configuration of podcast, internet radios etc. If you delete like you did... you lose it all.

BR

Marcelo