PDA

View Full Version : New owner of N800-can't get upgrade to OS2008

Panther
2008-01-12, 23:23
Yikes, I can't get the new os to update from my pc. I re-installed to see if that helped but it stalls the update shortly after it starts. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong. I'm not really computer savvy-did I bite off more than I can chew?!

nrune
2008-01-13, 00:35
Would help to have a litte more
information. Which os? I am assuming some windows version? XP or vista? How are you connecting the unit? Is the unit off when connected to the pc? What error messages are you recieving?

metroeloise
2008-01-13, 03:43
I had troubles upgrading to OS08. Wouldn't flash but would go back to OS07. Nokia had me send it to them. (twice it turns out).
My suggestion is to flash it back to OS07 to see. If that works then it probably isn't a cable, port or computer problem. I tried different ones of them all. Mine stopped at 1 min 44 secs every time. If you got to the point of seeing the download start then it stopped; you didn't bite off more than you could chew; you've done good.
Will post on the forum when I get mine back and report what happened. You too, please.

Panther
2008-01-13, 06:20
I have xp for my laptop os, with the appropriate service pack update. I didn't think to note if the update stops at the same exact time but it does start in for a few moments before quitting. The wizard says it should only be about 20 min but before my update stops it's sometimes all the way up to 500+ minutes, but maybe that doesn't mean anything. The tablet is off when I connect it with the usb cable, then I turn it on as directed. The wizard recognizes the tablet and starts the update but it stops, and the retry button appears. It does say failed but no specific error message.

Cbxman
2008-01-24, 03:38
Bump.........Same problem here ?????:confused:

vash
2008-01-24, 04:19
Your best bet is to download the BIN file ahead of time. For some reason if you go through the update program, it takes a LONG TIME.

1) http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/nokia_N800.php?f=RX-34_2008SE_1.2007.50-2_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin . Fill in your WLAN ID from the back of your tablet here, then submit.

2) Download the latest OS2008 image: RX-34_2008SE_2.2007.50-2_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin

3) Run the Nokia Update Wizard and where it tells you the latest version available, click on the Change button instead of Next. Find the BIN file you downloaded in step 2. Select it and hit ok.

4) Update should take about a minute.