PDA

View Full Version : email has me confused - newbie

johjohjus
2008-01-13, 20:36
I am a newbie. I just got my n800 and im having trouble sending email. Im confused about pop, smpt, web based email etc. I have an email account on yahoo. I also have one from my employer. What can i be doing wrong in that i cannot send an email? sorry to be so basic on this but this is the newbie forum, please bear with me.

lemmy
2008-01-13, 23:52
It's hard to help when you give no information. What's happening? Setting up email on the IT is essentially the same as on a PC or Mac.
What's the problem you're having?

johjohjus
2008-01-14, 00:01
basically im trying to get my gmail account and my yahoo account to pick up on the n800. Am i trying to get something this machine will not do? It just doesnt recieve any emails sent o yahoo or gmail. Thanks for your reply.

jer006
2008-01-14, 00:23
For Yahoo you need a yahoo mail plus account as basic yahoo mail does not come with pop access - you will be able to use the browser to access basic yahoo email. For gmail you need to enable pop access within gmail itself (under settings) then you can setup the pop and smtp servers with the correct ports and it should work perfectly - you can find all the information you need on setting up an email client from gmail's help.

GearJammer
2008-01-14, 09:26
For Yahoo you need a yahoo mail plus account as basic yahoo mail does not come with pop access

you can always try YPOP (http://ypopsemail.com/) I have never used it myself and haven't heard that much about it... just know it exists