PDA

View Full Version : Problem reading MMC card from PC

todd5813
2006-02-28, 04:23
I have Windows Xp and if I format the memory card on the Nokia 770 Windows cant see it. If I format it from windows (when it is attached to USB) the 770 cant see anything I put on the card. I have tried everything I can to work this out and I am pretty much ready to give up. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

michaelalanjones
2006-02-28, 14:40
I know this sounds simplistic, but I only access the 770's "hard drive" through the cable, or backwards with Bluetooth. If I want to transfer files, I usually let my 770 control the access to my PC. By this, I mean, I surf the files on my PC from the File Manager on the 770, via Bluetooth.

Remember that the closer to the root on your PC, that you set your Bluetooth share, the more of your PC you can see from the 770. By this, I mean, you can even set the Bluetooth share location to be the root of your PC drive, e.g., C:\. Then you could navigate down the entire hard drive of your PC, wirelessly, you know?

For example, if I am at work, and I download an eBook from the web, I simply save it to the Bluetooth share folder. Then I can connect to the PC with the 770's File Manager and drag it to my 770, and I am done.

Or course, if you want to bulk-load files to the 770, you can always use the cable to connect the 770 to your PC, and let it work like an external hard drive.

todd5813
2006-02-28, 16:15
I havnt tried bluetooth. Maybe I'll give that a shot. Its when Im connected to the mmc through the USB that I cant get it to work. BTW as an update I reformated it again with the 770 and now I can see the card in windows but it is all garbage - it reads fine in the 770.

llywrch
2006-03-01, 17:54
Todd, which version of the firmware do you have on your Nokia? Which version of XP do you have on your computer? Is this mmc-rs card the one that came with the Nokia, or a 3rd-party item? Lastly, have you tried to view the card both while it is in the Nokia & while in a card reader?

I don't guarrantee that the solution lies in the answers above, but if you include this information, it will help someone who knows these units diagnose just what is happening, & offer a solution. (This is obviously a formatting issue, but I need more information to understand exactly what is going wrong.)

Geoff

fastewa
2006-03-31, 01:23
I used to see the card on my xp machine when I plugged in my USB, but after I formatted the card with the 770 , it wont show up on the XP box anymore. I can see the files from the 770 and also from windows when plugged into a reader connected to the XP box, but not from XP when the card is in the 770 and plugged into USB. How do figure that?