PDA

View Full Version : lxdoom savegames

dbenne00
2008-01-15, 18:25
I am having trouble loading saved games in lxdoom on my 770 w/os2006. I can save OK, but loading a game causes it to crash out to the main screen.

Is there a fix for this? It would be almost impossible to play my 'Ultimate Doom 1.9' pak all the way to the end without loading a save from time to time. ;-)

dbenne00
2008-01-17, 15:45
Hmmmmm...

Can anyone confirm if they are able to save and load games?

Just wondering if I should waste any more time trying to get it to work or if it's a known bug, or a feature not yet implemented.

Thanks.

bilofsky
2008-01-24, 00:33
Can anyone confirm if they are able to save and load games?
Works for me in OS2008 on an N810.

Now - how do you add wads? I've found the files in /usr/share/lxdoom. Is there a more elegant way than just renaming the wad to be wad/doom1.wad?

dbenne00
2008-01-24, 12:37
Hmmm - are you supposed to replace your doom1.wad with your own doom.wad (renamned to doom1.wad)? Or do you just copy your doom.wad into the directory and leave the doom1.wad there as well?

I don't know of any elgant way to handle the wads, but I'm wondering if having either 1 or 2 wads (don't remember what I have right now) is causing my save/load problems.

Anyone?

bilofsky
2008-01-24, 16:07
I copied my original Doom wad into the directory, renamed it doom1.wad, and it works.

IanH
2008-01-24, 16:13
Since my original copy of doom and it's wad files were lost long ago, does anyone have any favourite freely distributable wads that they would recomend?

BOFH
2008-01-24, 17:34
Since my original copy of doom and it's wad files were lost long ago, does anyone have any favourite freely distributable wads that they would recomend?

ftp://ftp.idsoftware.com/idstuff/doom/

bilofsky
2008-01-24, 18:31
ftp://ftp.idsoftware.com/idstuff/doom/
Doesn't seem to me that there is anything there that isn't in the Maemo doom distribution ... am I missing something?

doom19s.zip is the full shareware install, with just the first (shareware) episode.

My registered 3-episode version works OK.

http://www.doomwadstation.com/ has a bunch of wads, but doesn't seem to separate out the ones for original Doom from the Doom II and later versions, which won't work here. As I recall, most of the good add-ons were for Doom II.