PDA

View Full Version : Anyone successful using DUN with Samsung T519 & T-Mobile?

MM88
2008-01-15, 20:46
Greetings all,

I am a new n800 tablet owner (of about a week) and I'm trying to get a Dial-up-networking connection (DUN) to the internet through my Samsung T519 "Trace" phone with T-Mobile service in the USA.

I have seen many threads here about people having trouble with this, but my specific question is if has anyone actually had success with the T519? I have seen posts on T509, X820, etc., but nothing on the T519 yet...

I have seen on the very heplful page here:

http://maemo.org/community/wiki/bluetoothdun/

that the fix/hack for the Samsung X820 (which seems very similar to the T519) is to add "receive-all" into the /etc/ppp/options file. I have tried this, to no avail. There is no T519 entry on the page.

I have the $5.99 "t-zones" plan. I am able to to tether to the phone via my laptop's bluetooth to get internet access on the laptop just fine through the phone.

Here are the settings I am using (basically the same settings that work great with my laptop paired to the phone):
GPRS
APN: wap.voicestream.com
Dial-up Number: *99#
Username: BLANK
Password: BLANK
Prompt at every login: UNCHECKED

ADVANCED SETTINGS:
Use Proxy: CHECKED
HTTP Proxy: 216.155.165.50
Port Number: 8080
Supplementary at cmds: at+cgdcont=1,"IP","wap.voicestream.com"

Has anyone had success with the T519? Is there any known & specific reason why is does not/ can not work?

Cheers!

aleksandyr
2008-01-15, 21:01
Well, working on your laptop is good. I'd look up an Ubuntu/Debian/Fedora tethering guide for that phone, if you can find one: alternatively, try using an Ubuntu live CD (makes testing MUCH less frustrating. :))

What fails? Does the tablet claim it's connected? Does it say "Authentication Failed"?