PDA

View Full Version : Does it make sence to get a dual voltage mmc?

JoFDre
2006-03-03, 16:13
Hello,
is there any advantage if one uses a dual voltage rs-mmc with the N770? At least here in europe they are fare more expensive then a normal rs-mmc.
Thanks in advance!

Reggie
2006-03-03, 16:31
Not really unless you are thinking of getting Nokia N-series phones in the future.

varis
2006-03-03, 17:34
Well dual means you can go for lower, so less power consumed. But I have no idea if the mem card really consumes much power in the first place.

Nokia I believe is going towards mini-SD cards so you won't be able to use rs-MMC in future Internet Tablet/phone models anyway.

bhima
2006-03-04, 16:53
Well dual means you can go for lower, so less power consumed. But I have no idea if the mem card really consumes much power in the first place.

I'm pretty sure that the 770 will always drive RS-MMC cards at the higher voltage, 3.3v I think. Some devices will _only_ support the lower voltage, 1.8v I believe.

So, some other devices will use less power because of their choice to use only lower voltage RS-MMC cards, but the bottom line is that the biggest impact is that single (higher) voltage cards simply won't work in lower voltage devices...